Plumbers & Super Bowl

I hear the day after is a great day for plumbers due to clogged bowls.

I should have knocked on wood. Getting the smoker ready for a rack of ribs today, I walked into the garage. Suddenly the water heater sprang a leak. Not so bad this time because I had previously installed a 3/4 turn ball valve on the water heater supply line. Lost about a gallon of water on the floor. Got it turned off quickly and went back to starting the ribs for a long, slow cook.

Oh well. I get a new water heater, some good food and I smell like cherry wood smoke.

FWIW. Install a ball valve to shut your water heater supply line rapidly. Do-Do happens. The toilet bowl still works great :-)

Reply to
Oren

What's a Super Bowl , some new kind of toilet ? And FWIW , I not only have a quarter turn valve on the WH , but there's one for a main line cutoff right by the house and a pair that turn off the laundry and kitchen under the house - and there will be a pair on the lines to the new master bath too . Turning off the main does leave one yard faucet on .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Someone near me was either cooking a lot of bacon today, or barbecuing a pig. It was a great smell. Houses are far away, I was looking for smoke to see if it's a neighbor I could stop by and visit, just by coincidence.

Reply to
cowabunga dude

I did a butt last Sunday for lunch on Monday . 18 hours at 190? using lump charcoal with a few chunks of cherry . Fell off the bone ... and also melts in your mouth . Do you use a dry rub ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Mine line up outside my door with plates ...

Reply to
Terry Coombs
[snip]

[snip]