Plexiglass--Removing Paper Backing

I have several sheets of old Plexiglass from which I can't remove the paper backing. The adhesive apparently is dried out. I tried a heat gun but that didn't help soften it. The clear film on the front side comes off fine. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
Ed

turpentine?

Lena

Reply to
Lena

Chem-peel - Specifically designed for that purpose and works very well without harming the plex. I got mine from a plastic supply house, imagine you'd have to do the same as it was clearly not a consumer product. Seem to recall it was made by something like "Ogden Labs" in Utah.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

I tried alcohol and had no luck, it just evaporated away. However, later I poured alcohol on a piece and still had no luck, except it seeped down between a sheet below and the next morning the paper slid off. The glue is gooey and can be cleaned with alcohol and looks like the day it was made. Time is all it took.

Reply to
larry porterfield