plastic gas cans

The older plastic containers have a screw-on cap over the vent hole. Loosen the cap about 1/2 turn and the container will equalize pressure without evaporating the gas. I noticed the new containers are ventless so I don't know a solution for them.

Bob

Reply to
Enuf

Yeah, but I live in Rochester NY! I've searched for those cans at 3 large auto supply places, NAPA, West Marine, Boat U.S., Wal Mart, K-Mart, two lawnmower dealerships, the BORG (Home Depot), Lowe's, and a number of old-fashioned hardware stores. I wonder if my county has some sort of nonsensical fire code that bans metal containers.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Cheap world. Or one where most people feel that plastic is as good or better than metal.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Sorry I missed earlier part of thread, how does one dispose of old gasoline?

TIA

Reply to
oo Mike oo

Take it where they recycle used oil.

Reply to
Phisherman

If you only got a gallon or less, use it to start your campfires this summer. But CAREFULLY.... Use a cup full at most, and stand back when you toss the match.

Reply to
me

They used to have them at Allyn's Ace Hardware, on Monroe Avenue, near Goodman. You know, what used to be Shumway Hardware. Of course, that's closed now, and replaced by a Rentway. Wonder what happened to Ed Allyn? He was having some trouble with theft.

If you only want a gallon can, I've been known to spray paint a Thompsons Water Seal can, they still have metal cans.

I'll let you know if I find any. The largest I've seen in metal in the last couple years has been two galons.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon