Plaster pool chipping

I have a 4 yaer old gunite/plaster pool. I just noticed that the plaster in the swimout is chipping. They are pretty thin chips but it looks like its getting worse. I have called the pool company and they are sending someone out next week. I just wanted to post this to see if anyone knows what might casue this. Defect in the plaster? My pH and alkalinity are always in range.

Here are some photos of a chip:

Regards

Reply to
Lex

Obviously it is a defect, unless someone has been taking a hammer to your pool. Many things can cause this, but most likely it was bad application technique, like spreading plaster that had already started to set, or spreading a second pass of freshly mixed plaster over an already-plastered area (because the first try didn't turn out right and was too set up to finish properly).

About all that is certain is that it is the contractor's defect and responsibility to cure. They are typically experts at weaseling out of such responsibilities. Costs of fair dealing after the job has been finished for a while tend to make contracting less competitive, so I wish you the best.

Richard J Kinch

This has been a major debate for a few years now. Most likely defect in application and/or material. Push to make the contractor fix the problem. If no one has physically hit it, or your water balance, then it is their responsibility.

Regards

LJ Boyd - Aquamaid Pty Ltd

Aquamaid Pty Ltd