ping Oren: 93 MPH winds, did you survive?

Hi Oren,

¡Ay, caramba!

Did you survive the wind storm? I heard Vegas had it too, although not as bad.

Utility trucks, tree trimmers and fence contractors fanned out across Carson Valley on Friday morning in response to a 93-mph windstorm that scoured Douglas County

The streets were a mess. The wind even blew a chain link fence across highway 395. (Yes, chain link has lots of holes in it, but not when a 93 MPH wind fills the holes with leaves.)

The wind even blew over a bunch of telephone poles!

And, we lost power for about 4 hours.

I had to walk in it a few times. It was something to behold. Oddly fascinating, although all the dirt in the eyes was a bit annoying.

I only lost one fence post.

-T

Reply to
Todd