pilot lights on our stove click intermitently

We have a gas stove top , only about one year old. already out of warantee. every 20 minutes or so, the pilot lights click. we took out all knobs and blow dried the switch. it didnt' work so we replaced the switch. ti still didnt work so we replaced the circuite board at the back of the oven. pilot lights still click. we have a BOSCH oven.

can anyone suggest anything else we can try? thank you in advance...

Reply to
mcharon

Do you mean pilot light or electric spark igniter?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Even if it is out of warranty, call tech support # in the manual. At the very least, they can confirm that this is indeed abnormal operation and may suggest what can be done to fix it.

Another good reference is the local appliance store guy at the desk. If there is an unrelaible or wear out part, he will be aware of it.

Reply to
PipeDown

Each control has a spark switch. One of them has food in it. If you unplug them one at a time you'll find the one.When you find it, replace it. They cost about $20.00 to $25.00 each.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

This reminds me again of why I have such a problem with the current electronic ignition implementaiton. Why did they put the spark at the beginning of the knob instead of at the end?

If somehow you leave the gas on, how do you turn it off? You can't because if you try you have to create a spark on the way off. You can unplug it i suppose. A gas stove would have a pilot light and keep flaming over. I guess thats better because you assume the eye would just light up eventually.

As it stands, when I find the stove on I open the windows then go outside and turn off the gas to the whole house for a while...Just hope my wife does not find it first...

Reply to
dnoyeB