Phone plug "snot"

Well that's the oddest thing I've ever heard of. Have you tried a Psychic or Exorcist? Maybe that stuff is Ectoplasm from spiritual manifestation in your bathroom wall.

Reply to
Meat Plow

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 13:17:41 -0400, Meat Plow graced this newsgroup with:

LOL. Another poster said it's goo that is put in the outlet for areas where's there high moisture/humidity to protect, I guess, from corrosion. It's not supposed to cause connectivity problems so I suspect that it may be somewhere else up the line.

Reply to
Max

Next time, instead of buying a new outlet buy a can of contact cleaner such as

or
With contact cleaner, duct tape, and nylon cable ties, you can fix anything.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

That snot Snot. :)

Reply to
businessman

You can't answer a troll. You have to starve them. Please DO NOT reply to the troll's "message"

Lou

Reply to
Lou

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 15:09:29 -0400, Lou graced this newsgroup with:

I'm not a troll. It's a valid question and those who were more helpful than you provided a valid answer.

Reply to
Max

Nobody else said it, so I will- how close is the outlet to the counter, or any other surfaces that get sprayed with cleanser on a regular basis? Is this a wall jack and wall phone, or a baseboard outlet? Only other thing I can think of is the hot damp air reacting with the mold release on the jack, or the jack itself is incredibly cheap plastic, and decomposing in the heat and humidity. The anti-rust jelly the telco guy described in his post is unlikely to be in an inside-use residential jack, especially one you yourself bought at the big-box and installed. Next time it fails, try to find a jack not made in China.

aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers

A telephone in a bathroom is also a convenience for those that appreciate added privacy during a conversation.

It also makes for great fun when dispatching tele-marketers: "No, I'm still NOT interested!" followed by holding the handset near the toilet during the flush. HA!

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

That will be a challenge, indeed. Those few that are NOT made in China are made in Mexico.

Then, again, the RJ11 connecting block is not a particularly sophisticated device. It shouldn't make any difference WHERE it's made. They're all cheap junque anymore.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 08:45:42 -0500, Jim Redelfs graced this newsgroup with:

ROFLAO!

Reply to
Max

And what's wrong with that?

Mexico doesn't have nuclear-tipped ICBMs targeted on American cities. Mexico is not a communist dictatorship. Mexico has a capitalist economy. Mexico has a (more-or-less) freely elected government. Mexico doesn't execute people for expressing their political beliefs. Mexico doesn't imprison people for practicing their religious beliefs. Mexico doesn't control its population by forcing women to have abortions.

If you can't buy something made at home, better you buy it from your poor but decent next door neighbor than from nasty SOB on the other side of the globe.

Reply to
Doug Miller

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 14:17:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) graced this newsgroup with:

not to join the political debate but if Mexico put more of their profits back into the economy, we might not have so many of their noble citizens running for the border.

but you're right, better them (and Canada btw), than China.

Reply to
Max

There are certain countries that I will not hesitate to buy from. (not listed in any specific order) USA - absolute top preference and will pay higher price to obtain it if I can Canada Mexico Germany UK Korea Japan Taiwan China - but only if there is no other option and its something that I have to get now.

Reply to
Eigenvector

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 13:15:00 -0700, "Eigenvector" graced this newsgroup with:

what's concerned me is the recent rash of recall on toys and other items containing lead paint from China. Also every baby toy from China seems to be recalled for a choking hazard. Let's not even mention the dog/cat food fiasco.

Reply to
Max

Nothing. I do, however, kinda miss the days when one could buy something - ANYTHING - made in the U.S.A.

I agree completely.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs

I just purchased a "pair" of 18-inch bolt cutters from our local Ace Hardware store. I had two choices:

$20 - China

$50 - USA

I paid $30 more for the USA-made tool. The USA-made tool exhibited obvious manufacture and feature superiority to the China-made tool.

Obviously, I hope it was worth the 150% price difference.

Reply to
Jim Redelfs