(phew)...Ok, so if I want an 80 gal tank (not tankless), suggested brands?

Ok, well having accidentally ignited what apparently is a chronic and highly thermal debate on tank vs. tankless, let's say for the moment that I am sold on the tank option.

For a gas supplied house (from town, not a propane tank), are there any particularly good brands suggested in the 60 to 80 gal range?

Any brands to stay away from is also appreciated information.

Thanks!!!

Reply to
Thomas G. Marshall

There actually aren't as many as it appears, most are made by one manufacturer and marketed under different labels with added bells and whistles. Same is true for dishwashers, washers, dryers, etc.

Reply to
hogheavenfarm

An oversize tank with a tiny burner is more energy-efficient.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

"Thomas G. Marshall" wrote

My last one I put in, is a Bradford White. The one b/4 that, was a A.O. Smith. I see these are both recommended brands, by the links Rico posted.

They sell A.O. Smith, at real lumber yards, in my area. Bradford White is pretty much through a plumbing supplier, except there is one small hardware store near me, which sells the Bradford White.

I wouldn't dream of buying the junk sold at box stores, after I had one go bad just after 2 years. They pro-rated the thing, and I got about $40 out of them, after a loooooooooong time, and a lot of headaches. After this experience, I had a couple more bad experiences, and learned the hard way...... Stay away from box stores.

Reply to
Conner

AO Smith has a commercial condensing line, Cyclone, with scale cleanout panel, they cost alot, my last AO lasted 25 years. The Cyclone is 93-96% efficent but EF rating is only fair, I have a 90 gallon AO for 14 units, You need recovery as in btu so an 80 gallon would be to much. But at $2000+ its a bite. Contact AO for their input.

Reply to
ransley

i wonder when china will start exporting them here, no doubt they will be lined with lead for long life:)

Reply to
hallerb

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in message

Reply to