The Ms. just bought me a 'birthday' gift, the 62 piece set with
charging station and two batteries, as advertised on TV. Usually, the
rule is "if it is advertised on TV, it is c**
*!" But, in this case,
it was well worth the money. for me and the occasional use ANYWHERE
around our home.
1. cordless and QUIET! absolutely no scream or whine.
2. workplace light, so you can see what you're doing. but, only comes
on when you operate the tool.
3. light weight, easy on your hand. small battery disappears into
handle and small profile can get up next to walls
4. powerful for what I needed - emergency: had to saw a board in two
places by drilling multiple holes (8-10) then break it out, less than
60 seconds and the board was gone.
5. the bits supplied were sharp enough to CUT down through very
6. ...and the MAJOR item -- LIFETIME WARRANTY ON BATTERIES!!!
The battery recharge in 30 minutes made me nervous, from experience
with old battery chemistry I KNOW that fast charge kills batteries,
but with lifetime warranty? not my problem.
One tiny downside, that may gripe the professionals here, the quick
disconnect tools with the hex base, do NOT positively lock rigidly
along the drill's axis, just a bit wobbly at their tips. But, put the
drill tip into a starter hole and with the sharpness of the tool I
found it didn't matter. My estimate at the amount of wobbling between
1/64th to 1/32th inch, caught me off guard compared to my corded,
chucked drill. But, again, the workaround is a good starter hole.
Anybody else try one of these?