Pergo Floor Repair Question

The guy who installed our Pergo floor 5 years ago undoubtedly didn't know what he was doing. Our house is on a concrete slab with the pergo floor installed on top of the soft underlayment pieces for pergo floors. My problem is that the guy nailed the soft underlayment pieces to the concrete slab and now the nails are coming up through the pergo as the underlayment settles. Yep, he's long gone left the country because we can't find him so here's my question.

How is the best way to repair the pergo boards where the nails are beginning to come up through. Is there a way to replace the board itself without making it look too obvious or should I try to cut out and replace just the small 1 - 1.5 inch section above the nail. Thanks for your help and guidance on this matter.

Reply to
Wayne

Planks or tiles are cut out, routered, and loose tongue used to replace. Can't really write a book here on how it's done, but you can buy a Pergo video and they give the basics. The video really doesn't show the tricks on how to get the planks/tiles level with the existing floor.

If it were mine I would rip out the entire floor, you're in a losing situation since proper prep work wasn't done.

Reply to
Duran

a block and hammer would work. bang them back in.

Reply to
David J

underlayment

My wife agrees with you.... replace the floor. I'm a glutton for pain so I might, just might, try replacing one or two pieces and then make my decision. The Pergo video sounds good. I'll try google.com and search for it. Thanks for your input.

Reply to
Wayne

underlayment

My dad always said that you can fix just about anything with a hammer, a pair of pliars and a bail of haywire. I'm gonna try to fix one or two boards and then decide. Thanks for your input.

Reply to
Wayne