Peanut Butter Recall

My daughter had Skippy and my two favorite grandsons were sick until they got rid of it. They are doing fine now.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Having Skippy in the house makes them sick? I've been eating it as long as I can recall, about 60 years

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Mike Dobony" wrote in news:d08Ch.15602$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.net:

Is Skippy a ConAgra product? Are the boys eating -other- PB brands without getting sick?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Then you haven't known the ecstacy of Laura Scutter Nutty p.b. Been eating it as long as...

Reply to
aspasia

I found one. I only use peanut butter that's 100% peanuts, but my wife has an affinity for peanut butter with fillers. Oh my pregnant wife, so she, and baby, could have been doomed.

Anyone know the real likelihood of getting infected from using it?

tom @

Just Joshin

Well, the recall was about a specific batch from Con-Agra, which is apparently contaminated with salmonella. And included stuff labeled for Peter Pan, and Great Value. I dunno what the deal is in the above about skippy, Maybe the kids are sensitive to one or more or the non-peanut additives?

Reply to
Goedjn

I went to a local store and got the last jar of JIF they had. There was no Skippy on the shelves.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

50-50. You either do or you don't.

(Onset time is usually in the 12-72 hour range, from what I can find. If it's been more than 3 days since you got rid of the suspect food, you're probably fine.)

Reply to
Goedjn

It is not a specific batch, it is all of the peanut butter from their Georgia plant (2111 is the plant number) since the spring of 06.

Reply to
gfretwell

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Meaning only the PB brands Peter Pan and Great Value.

and maybe Skippy is not a ConAgra product?? Thus not made at that GA ConAgra plant... OR Skippy brand comes from different plants elsewhere.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Just Joshin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

What do they use for "fillers" in PB ?

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Sugar and oil, but I'd not call them fillers. Using 100% peanuts does not mean it will not be contaminated either.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Skippy is made by Unilever (was Lever Brothers), JIF is made by Smucker.

Reply to
gfretwell

I had 2 jars with 2111 on the lid, already opened one and it's half gone....no belly ache...no poopin, must be ok. Much ado about nothing if you ask me, a few dozen people get a tummy ache and the whole freakin country goes ito a frenzy. Yeah, I know some people died from it but you know what??? those people were gonna die ANYWAY from SOMETHING (like an infected hang nail maybe) And on the positive side maybe peter pan killed that skanky Anna Nichole Ho taking her out before she pollutes the gene pool even FURTHER.

Amazing isn't it, a few (already sick/dying) people croak from eating peanut butter and the country goes nuts, One REALLY NASTY s**nk that I wouldn't touch with YOUR pee pee dies and everyone starts bawlin, BUT 40,000 people die every year in car crashes (most of which could be avoided by not driving like A holes) and not a word is spoken. And I could go on and on.....

Well, thats my rant for today,I feel better now, guess I'll go have a nutter nutter butter peanut butter sandwich.

Hugs to All G

Reply to
George

Yes, I had some old #2111.

BTW, I did send in the lids. If no refund comes, it's not my fault.

In case anyone wants to know, first class US postage for between 1 and

2 ounces is 63 cents.
Reply to
Mark Lloyd

"You either do or you don't" is true my IN NO WAY implies 50-50.

You either got sent to the moon yesterday or you didn't.

It's been more than 3 days since I ate some PB from that "#2111" jar.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

"This peanut butter contains at least 99.9% organically grown peanuts, and no more than .1% salmonella bacteria." :-)

Reply to
Harry

I love your math, I wished it worked for me.

I try and win the Powerball jackpot, and figure, using your system, I have a 50-50 chance. Either I win, or I don't. However it seems like a have a 1 in Gazbilliontrillion chance. ;)

tom @

Just Joshin

Ofcourse just for flavor.

;)

Reply to
Just Joshin

Not a peanut butter expert, but it was explained that peanut butter is

100% mashed peanuts.

Now the 'other' stuff, is mash peanuts, remove the peanut oil to be sold separately. Then add vegetable oil as a cheap substitute. To cover up the change in taste, flavor with sugar and salt.

Now I wasn't sure about this, but compare the ingredients.

tom

Reply to
Just A Layperson0