Peachtree uses non-standard locksets sizes?

Can anyone recommend replacment lockset for a peachtree 'prado' swing style patio door. The doors are bored with ~1 3/4 deadbolt and knob not the standard 2 1/8. I have not been able to find compatible locks and Peachtree is giving me the run around with the dealer.

Do OEM locks exist for this type of door?

Reply to
DSnail

I have a Peachtree patio door. It took standard hardware. Are you sure you are measuring from the edge of the door to the center of the hole?

Reply to
Art

I am referring to the holes bored in the door not the setback. The standard is 2 1/8. These are 1 3/4. A standard knob/boltlock will not fit in this hole.

Thanks

Reply to
DSnail

Perhas this kind of door takes a totally different kind of lockset, but if not . . .

The Schlage locksets I bought a few months back will, if I am not mistaken, fit either size hole: the "body" of the lock itself is relatively small, and the supplied adapter plate allows it to fit in the larger hole.

MB

On 04/15/04 10:38 am DSnail put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Reply to
Minnie Bannister

Minnie was it a really tight fit? The lock in question is not at my house and I tried a Kwikset lock and it woudn't work. I measured my Schlage and it looks like it probably will not fit either (or be really tight).

I'll try a Schlage and see what happens.

Thanks

Reply to
DSnail

They really should fit. Is is possible the door came without a hole and someone put one in and you are blaming the wrong guy. By the way there are cheap door installation kits whick come with a drill and you could probably fix the installation easy enuf with the kit.. Check Lowes and Home Depot where they sell the locksets.

Reply to
Art

Thanks Art, but this is absolutely a factory whole and it is the Prado handset.

I've alread talked to Peachtree about it and am just waiting for them to get back to me with the part number for the replacement lock. Very bad customer service.

I understand I can bore my own wholes, I've done it on every house I've owned. And I spent last week doing it on two doors at this house. I have not wanted to do it here because it is a factory whole and I have no idea what the door is made of between 1 3/4 & 2 1/8.

Reply to
DSnail

I stand corrected. I have 2 Peachtree patio doors and I realized I've never had the lock sets apart. The one I took apart was a Thermatru. It was supposed to be a Peachtree also but the size was wrong. By the way I will be replacing the Peachtrees with 2 Pellas and at the time probably disposing of the 2 Peachtree lock sets. If you want spare parts and live near Raleigh NC let me know.

Art