Path of wires

My garage has:

a light-switch next to the door a light-socket next to the door a junction box with a duplex receptacle on the same wall as the door another light-socket over the middle of the garage another junction box with a duplex receptacle on a side wall.

Do the wires from one junction box go to the light-switch, to the other junction box and to the light-sockets?

Reply to
condo owner

If they are all on the same circuit, the answer is probably yes.

Reply to
trader_4

That's why one of the junction boxes is crammed with so many wires.

Reply to
condo owner

Your guess is as good as mine. In my garage the lights are not on the same circuit as the duplex receptacles.

There are about as many ways to wire it as there are electricians - -

- -

Reply to
Clare Snyder

The only way to tell how they are really wired is to open everything up and trace it out. If the boxes are original to the condo unit, they should not be overloaded with wires because it would not have passed inspection.

However if the wiring was added after the condo was built, it could be wired any old way depending on the knowledge of the person doing the wiring.

John Grabowski

John G

Your first question should be "Are they all on the same circuit breaker ?"

Reply to
catalpa

Only a couple of circuit breakers are labelled.

Since I don't know which one (or more) breaker(s) control the power in my garage, I flip ALL of the breakers off.

Reply to
condo owner

Can't you plug a lamp and bulbs into the outlets and sockets and then see what effect the switches have on the various outlets and sockets? THis isn't Rocket Science!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
hrhofmann

John G posted for all of us...

Good to see you here John. Thanks for posting your site again.

Reply to
Tekkie®