Parquest floor buckling?

We have a 20 ye old home with white parquet floors. The house is located over a crawl space in a warm climate. I believe the floor consists of interlocking squares. Each square is made up of four smaller interlocking squares. Recently in our bedroom floor stated to have small raised areas of flooring. When you step on it flattens out then comes back up. As of today we have long areas or seams of these raised up tiles, which flatten nicely if pressured is applied but when pressure is removed it pops back up. It is getting worse (larger area) each day.

Any idea what might be causing this or what to do about?

Reply to
pak

Do you know if the floor is newer thn than the house? If so, how new perchance?

Have you checked underneath to see if you've developed a leak and so may have dampness seeping up causing the wood to swell just barely enough to cause this? It is possible a pipe split and there might not be any other obvious symptoms in a house like that at first.

The fact that it's getting obviously worse by the day, makes me think of a split pipe and a recently split one. Go look? Tell us what you see?

xxcarol

Reply to
Cshenk

Definite water intrusion. Leaky pipe, leaky toilet, (in my case) leaky water heater.

Reply to
HeyBub