Painting pressure treated wood

I have some exterior fascia that are pressure treated wood and I like to paint them. Do I use a primer? Is it ok to use acrylic primer and paint? Like Benjamin Moore Fresh Start and paint?

Thanks,

MC

Reply to
MiamiCuse

I think it is a good idea to Always use a good primer on raw wood, treated & untreated. I generally stick with the Zinser brand, available at my local Ace Hdw store. Bob-tx

Reply to
Bob

Solid stain will work better. In any case, let the wood age for 5 to 12 months first. If you paint, always prime it first.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

FS is my preference, with Moorglo for a top coat.

Reply to
Bonnett Decorating