Painting mess

Soaked my brushes in brush cleaner. I've had to do this dozens of times b/4. This time, apparently I did not clean the brush cleaner out well enough from the brush.

Forward to now. Put a second coat on the interior of an entry. The paint is peeling everywhere. What to do, besides sit & pout the rest of the day? Maybe watch a game, I'm sure that might fix it!

Reply to
Tony

Can you tell us what brush cleaner you used?

What kind of paint did you use? Latex, oil based paint, finger paint? What is an "entry"? Is it a door, or is it a small landing just inside the door, and what are the walls of that entry made of; bare wood, drywall, concrete?

I'm presuming the first coat of paint is not peeling. It's the second coat of paint peeling off the first. Is that correct?

Can you tell if the first coat of paint was a latex or oil based paint? Was it fairly glossy?

Reply to
nestork

Hmm, Was it oil based paint? I don;t use oil based ones ny more. I ust use soapy water and cleaning comb if it is a good quality brush for reusing. Or I jut throw it away.

Afraid you'll have to redo the whole thing again. Good luck.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

You must scrape everything off or you will be doing it over even again after the next coat of paint. Something more is wrong than just paint cleaner on the brush. That would be gone well before you painted a whole entryway.

Reply to
hrhofmann

What on earth keeps leading you to believe you're competent to paint? -----

- gpsman