Painting MDF

Haven't been able to come into this group for a long time and so do not know if this topic has been covered (and I have no clue how to find out past posts I may be interested in :-(

Here's my question if anyone can help me on this:

I'm finally going to get a new kitchen -- my contractor is going to build my cabinets for me. My kitchen is going to be very dark as I have only two windows (one on each end) and so I've decided to take the advise given in here from RichG back in 01 and put in tube lights to bring more light into the room (yes, I printed it out and have kept it all this time in anticipation of someday ). My contractor also suggested that he make the cabinets out of MDF because I'm going to be painting them a light color anyway. I live 1/2 block from the ocean and in a place where we rock and roll all the time -- so the MDF will be more stable as well.

I've been researching the painting for MDF on the web and have printed out things -- however, I thought that this would be the best place to ask if anyone has done this in their kitchen and how did it turn out.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as always.

Jackie (Drakes Island, Wells, ME) (to e-mail take the "x" off jackie)

Reply to
Jackie Kuscher