Ozone generator for cigar room in home with pets

I have a cigar room in my home and am looking to run a smaller ozone generator in just that room to get rid of the tobacco smell (@ 15' X 10'). I have cats and dogs. Do I have to have them entirely out of the house to run an ozone generator in just that room?
On 6/29/2018 3:14 PM, Sticks702 wrote:

The ozone generator will take care of the smell but what do you do about that nasty taste?
On 6/30/2018 11:57 AM, Dog Turd wrote:

Our son recently bought a house and had it fumigated to rid of cooking smells. They did not use ozone as it is too destructive to fabrics and carpeting.
Ozone is also tough on people. They said today is a high ozone day and us old folks should be careful outside but I was outside and could not smell it. Electrical storms or sparks through the air give that noticeable odor. Better off to get some type of air purifier that circulates the air through it.

Just the room for a hour, then wait over an hour for return. House HVAC ducts can flow into other rooms if fan is running, not as strong, but best be left off for 2 hours.
A decent ozone machine should deodorize in about 20 minutes, then wait 1 hour before returning. An additional fan in that room will help with the cleanup.
Greg