Over Range Microwave Night Lights

I've owned two Kitchenaide (upscale Whirlpool) over range microwaves, purchased many years apart. Both had a problem with one of the two underneath night lights burning out prematurely. I figure it's a design flaw. Has anyone had the same problem with whirlpools? (or any other brand?)

Reply to
Bob

On Sat 18 Oct 2008 06:50:56p, Bob told us...

I don't know how long they're supposed to last, but we have a Whirlpol over the range microwave and have used the nightlight setting since we moved into this house two years ago. The orignal bulb is still going strong.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

They are designed to last 5 years 3 months 2 weeks and 5 days. No more, no less:-))

Lou I see said the blind man to his deaf wife!

Reply to
LouB

I have a Whirlpool with a high/low light and I usually use the high setting. No probelms for 6 years. I really like the powerful fan with several settings and fan timer-off switch. The sliding glass tray is nice too. Test the voltage, yours may be too high.

Reply to
Phisherman