Outside House Vent Question

I have gray vinyl siding on my house. The vents are made out of white plastic. The vents on the south side of the house are so brittle that they break just by a gentle touch.

I contacted a building supply store today, and they checked with three vinyl companies and my twelve year-old vents are no longer made.

Is there any reason I could not buy wood or metal vents for a vinyl sided-home?

It looks like one vent could run about $30. I don't want to shell out $400 or so for 13 new vents. Two are bad and they are on the south side.

Would it look bad to just replace the vents on one side, even if they are a different pattern?

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

UV rays destroyed the vents, Paint the new ones

Reply to
ransley

I don't know what kind of vents these are, but with so many, it sounds like they could be soffit vents? In any case, $30 sounds like a lot of money for a metal soffit vent or similar.

As to how noticeable they will be, we can't say because we don't know what kind of vents they are, where they are located, etc. But, in general, one would think if you changed them all on one side of the house, you should be OK.

Reply to
trader4