Outdoor Enclosures Used for Painting Cars

Is anyone aware of anyone who has ever used an outdoor enclosure to paint a car? Something that could be placed in a large backyard, so the garage won't have to be reserved until the project is finished.

Reply to
New Question

neighbors kid about 20 yrs. ago he was like 18 or so, put up some 2 X

4's and made a box about 10 ft. by 10 ft. all around his van... he then painted it with a real live compressor.... he must have known what he was doing as he did a real nice job.... it was back in the days when they had paintings on the side of vans.. he brought it someplace and had the rest done.. at a shop or someother place.... he used plastic sheeting around the 2 by 4's///// dont know what else he did as i stayed away and could not smell the fumes from one block away....
Reply to
jim

I lined my carport with visqueen and put lots of water on the deck, painted

2 cars in it.
Reply to
rj

I have done the same here. You can line a carport, or some other structure you put up with plastic, and then spray it down with water inside to settle the dust.

You will also want some sore of ventilation such as a large fan to pull the fumes out of your enclosure.

Reply to
Daniel L. Belton