our country needs a new type of firearm for police

Hell, what isn't considered racist by the left today? If this continues it will be considered racist to take a crap because of the color of the shit.

Sep 2016 17:33:47 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

It's really not even an issue of color. It's an issue of people who become police that have no business carrying.

I tend to agree. It didn't seem like a smart thing to do. Roll up that close on someone you think has a rifle on them. Had the rifle been real and the kid knew what he was doing, that could have been TWO dead cops we'd be reading about, instead. As last time I checked, nothing on the cruiser is highly bullet resistent and, most rifles I know of, have no problem putting one through the car door and into the subject 'hiding' behind it. After all, a rifle is designed to hit a target with lethal force from a distance; it has more muzzle velocity and more power pushing that round down the barrel.
IE: If I had a rifle on me (even a .223 configured one) and a single cruiser approached me like they did, I'd pump a few rounds into the drivers side windshield; Immediately taking the driver out of the game and causing loss of control of the car. At that point, the passenger is target practice. And, sorry, but, the passenger would be shot too; I know he has atleast one firearm and won't just let me 'surrender'. I just killed his friend/partner. He's going to try killing me for it, justified or not.
I'd load the passenger side door up; if not outright killing the passenger, rendering him unable to do anything to me. Then, just like the police did in 1986, Causually walk up on the near lifeless passenger and finish what I intended to do with the first few shots. He isn't going anywhere. If he/she so much as flinched, I'd finish the magazine into the door/passenger side compartment where the window once was. And quickly change mags as I continued approaching to confirm my kills.
Point being, neither of them would be going home that day, except in a body bag. If it's my life or yours, I'm going to do my best to make sure YOU lose, not me. I'd rather be judged by twelve later than carried by six, if you catch my drift.
I don't give a fuck what your name tag said or what your reason for coming up on me like that was. I perceived a threat the moment you raced towards me and I dealt with it accordingly. Even the cops around here that I've gone shooting with know i'm a damn good shot, moving target or stationary; if I want to put a round in you, I'm going to. I'm just as deadly with a pistol as I am with a rifle, although I prefer the latter.
With all that said, I wouldn't go looking to pick a fire fight, either. But, I'll be damned if you're going to open fire on me when you don't have all the facts and not expect return fire from ME for your trouble.

Around here, they'll open fire without hesitation, white or black. It's legal murder on their part in a sense.

I noticed that too. Sadly, I've encountered people hopped up on speed and PCP before; he wasn't acting like those individuals did. I realize drugs affect people differently to a certain point... but...

Even if the prosecutor does think it's a bad shoot, he/she has other things to consider when they make their decision whether or not to press charges. They usually take the cops side unless the video evidence (when there is video evidence) can't be discounted. That's about the only time they'll go ahead and press charges against the officer. Otherwise, the officer walks away and another person becomes a statistic.

White people die by the hands of cops more often than blacks do, but, that's not exactly a story worthy of the news. Case in point, my IT associate who's pushing up daises. Btw, the cops were cleared in that case too; they thought he was reaching for something, and essentially, that seems to be their get out of a murder charge routine. And the others on the scene more often that not cover for the ones involved in the shooting. Ironically, they don't wear body cams here and I've learned that for some reason, the city cruisers neglect to have video cameras.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Sat, 24 Sep 2016 17:49:03 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

The voltage applied by the taser isn't going to disable a large person, let alone one on PCP (if he was). A much higher voltage output one like 1+ million volts will, regardless of whatever drugs you might be doing. It's more than enough to overcome whatever resistance your body has to electricity and even takes into consideration the barbs making poor contact. It'll arc and complete the circuit, making you piss/shit yourself with ease. Yes, it's a bit more likely to kill you if you have a heart condition or are on drugs, but, it's LESS likely to kill you than several bullets being fired by a cop who's only trained to shoot to kill.
And, I'm sorry, but if the only thing you know how to do with a firearm is shoot to kill, it's my personal opinion, you don't have that good of control over your weapon and you shouldn't be allowed to carry it. There's plenty of spots on a human body that you can hit with a live round and disable them, without causing death in the process in many cases.

It takes time for it to get in your blood stream. You still have a chance to fire and/or otherwise harm someone.
On Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 5:34:39 PM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:

Your evidence for that is? Voltage not only causes discomfort, but also causes muscles to contract involuntarily. Hard to imagine that isn't going to take a big person down. Tasers would be fairly useless if they had that restriction. And none of the perps in the incidents being discussed here were really huge to begin with. I'm not saying that tasers work perfectly, I can see obvious problems where the darts fail to connect or stay in, for example. But I doubt that they are not effective on people the size of the perps here.
A much higher voltage

It'll arc and complete

Then you've been watching too many western movies, where the sheriff manages to shoot the gun out of the hand of the perp. Police are trained to only use their gun when their life or someone else;s life is in immediate danger, and then to shoot to incapacitate. To incapacitate, you shoot for the chest, a large target that will achieve that result. That is what police are trained to do. That is what I would do with my gun if necessary.

Interesting how you go from a taser is no good against a big guy, against someone on PCP, etc, but then a bullet in one of "plenty of spots" will disable them. What would that spot be? An arm? Can you hit a moving arm at 15 ft? Why would that stop him, if a taser won't? Can you hit it, or enough other places that won't cause death, before the perp shoots and kills you? Will the perp play by the same rules?
Mon, 26 Sep 2016 18:24:27 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Ahh! Very cool.

shrug, I've likely misworded my initial post. I'm sometimes bad about that, especially when I'm running on four hours or less of sleep for days on end. Sorry.

Nope, it did not toss me. A double barrel shotgun put me on my ass once when I squeezed both triggers at the same time though. [g]
Per Bob F:

Germany's population looks to be about 81 million (http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/germany-population )
USA's population seems to be about 325 million as of 2014 (https://www.census.gov/popclock/
The number of people killed by police in Germany during 2015 seems to be 2 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_Germany)
The number of people killed by police in the USA seems tb fuzzy because of a lack of record keeping, but the Washington Post puts it at "Nearly 1,000) (http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2015/12/26/a-year-of-reckoning-police-fatally-shoot-nearly-1000 /)
2/81,000,000 = .0000000247 1,000/325,000,000 = .0000031000
So the USA rate is 125 times the German rate.
Can somebody check my third-grade arithmetic?
If it is correct, 125 seems like quite a high multiple even considering social differences....
??
--
Pete Cresswell

On 09/26/2016 12:01 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

The US _clearly_ has too many criminals. We need to exterminate more of them.
snipped-for-privacy@worthless.info posted for all of us...

Please turn off your avast ad, thank you.
--
Tekkie

The taser just makes the perp stand still long enough so they can shoot him.
On 09/24/2016 12:09 PM, bob haller wrote:

If the thug disobeys the cop, shoot the thug in the head, put a tag on his toe and call the morgue.
One less problem for society to deal with. Get it?

No, what we need is a new type of citizen that obeys authority and complies to an officers command. In EVERYONE of this incidences, had the citizen/criminal complied and put their hands behind their backs and been carted off to jai they would ALL be ALIVE today. And your president has encouraged them to be disobedient. Hell, Massachusetts Supreme Court has declared that black men have a legitimate reason to run from the police. REALLY?
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/black-men-may-have-reason-to-run-from-police-massachusetts-high-court-finds/ar-BBwshOU?OCID=ansmsnnews11
On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 1:58:04 PM UTC-4, ChairMan wrote:

+1

The MA court is simply agreeing with the Supreme court at the federal level. Despite what a cop might want you to think, unless you're under arrest or being officially detained, you are free to leave. And, that includes, running. Cops rely on people knowing NOTHING about their own rights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v
fZQWjDVKE
On 09/24/2016 05:09 AM, bob haller wrote:

There could be a downside to that. The perps would know they would survive and get more aggressive.
Better to train folks to ofay the commands of the cops.
On 9/24/2016 5:39 PM, T wrote:

Doubt it would make a difference. It is widely known that if you commit a crime there is punishment, yet every day people are killed, cars are stolen, banks are robbed. They won't catch me though.
On 09/24/2016 04:49 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

How high is the reward on you now?
On 9/24/2016 7:49 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

The problem is we are soft on crime. Car thieves, bank robbers, telemarketers, street thugs should be euthanized. Eliminate the criminals and the world becomes a safer place for all of us.
On 09/24/2016 05:16 PM, Tax Payer wrote:

And people who talk in theaters and fart in crowded elevators ...
I would not go as far as the death penalty on the above, although I would make it mandatory for a second offense pedophile. Or being British. Okay, not being British.
But you are right about the punishment. I think hard labor should be brought back. A good example of how to do things is the way Sheriff Arpaio does it.
Okay, maybe we should just force the British to lean French. Then they could condescend in two languages whilst their mouths are full of food.
On 09/24/2016 03:39 PM, T wrote:

The ofays already got that down. It's the #BlackLiesMatter types that appear to be ineducable.
On 09/24/2016 08:05 PM, rbowman wrote:

I typo'ed "obey" pretty bad. :'(