Other phone numbers like 911 ?

Everyone knows 911 is for emergencies to call the police or fire dept.

I just learned that 811 is for calling Diggers Hotline.

Are there anymore X11 numbers used all around the country?

If so, please add them below.

111 211 311 411 511 611 711 811 Diggers Hotline 911 Emergency
Reply to
Jerome Tews

In some areas, 7-11 is for late-night munchies.

Reply to
Mary-Jane Doobie

The Morpher strikes again! Nymshifting nimrod!

Reply to
None

And you're a topic-shifter.  ;-)

Reply to
vete a la mierda

411 Directory Information 511 Traffic Information
Reply to
rbowman

The Morpher strikes again! Nymshifting nimrod!

Reply to
None

: : :

A little southern hospitality at its finest!

Morph

The Morpher strikes again! Nymshifting nimrod!

Reply to
None

I used to know someone who accidentally dialed 111 and got an error message. She had confused the phone with the TV remote, and was trying to get channel 11.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

The "official" list can be found here:

Not all are used everywhere.

Reply to
Retired

Oren posted for all of us...

We don't have that around here in PA. Tin cans & strings don't support that. However you can text 9-1-1. For non-emergences you can contact me at the station by using the PD phone number.

The PA turnpike is *11 for all. Turnpike dispatchers then contact PSAPs for emergencies. They are removing the call boxes.

Reply to
Tekkie®