OT -Where are all the free calendays?

Usually by this time of year I have received several calendars for the coming year, and many banks have piles laying around to be picked up. Has the internet obsoleted the lowly calendar? Besides my computer, I have a paper calendar that I use as a backstop for when I don't want to turn on my computer to check a date, etc.

Reply to
hrhofmann

My car mechanic has free wall calendars. I usually get one from him. That makes me wonder if the new car dealerships might have them too??

Reply to
Doug

I pick up my cell phone, just like I do when I want to check the time. Though you remind me, vendors used to give us nice ones to hang around the office. Nice pictures.

Reply to
krw

I think businesses realize fewer and fewer people use them so they don't bother. My calendar is on my smartphone and on the computer.

I do wish the phone book providers would catch on. I haven't opened one in a long time but through away plenty. We don't have a home phone but get at least four of them each year from the various publishers.

I did register our address on the yellowpages opt out site over a year ago and it didn't seem to make any difference.

Reply to
George

Cost cutting.

Reply to
dennisgauge

Wife had trouble getting them this year too. You should know that there are templates available for MS Office or Open Office in xls format and you can print them along with typing important information in them before printing. My wife also gets personal calendars made at Staples with pictures of kids and grand kids - not expensive.

Reply to
Frank

we like them, too. Staples- Walmart- shutterfly-- We get a couple each year with photos the kids take in their travels- and another with photos we take. [all the ones we've done were around $20- and each place saves the birthdays/anniversaries/whatever that you tell them about- so next year, you just do the photos]

I still get one from my mechanic - with a recipe each month-- and I also got a free one from the Nature Conservancy this year. They want a donation.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

I expect Dennis Gauge is correct.

Years ago everyone used to give out calendars, but not so anymore.

I still have some suppliers that give out calanders, but now they have 2 or 3 different kinds published; not just one kind. One has vintage cars on it, another scantily clad women and the third shows animals in the wild. My mother always wants me to bring home free calanders around the new year so she can give them to my two sisters. She thinks it's a big deal to get a free calander. Of course, I have the good sense not to bring back calanders showing scantily clad young women for my mother to give my sisters.

Reply to
nestork

That reminds me of the free stuff my dad used to get from the local businesses. He farmed so got stuff from the local coops, mechanics, banks, and maybe some other businesses. Calendars, rain gauges, and thermometers were common items. There might've been some free pens, notepads and such too. The stuff had the supplier's logos so served as advertising for them. I noticed Walmart and the local farm supply store sell calendars. I've been buying mine from an online business that specializes in classic tractor calendars. My dad farmed with some of those classics.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

IT'S A SIGN OF THE TIMES...

CYBERSPACE HAS TAKEN OVER OUR OLD WAY OF DOING BUSINESS...

BUNCH OF BS, IF YOU ASK ME.

I KNOW...I KNOW...NOBODY ASKED ME.... SO, FROM ME TO YOU....

GO F___ YOURSELF!

Reply to
Papa Pat

Reply to
John Keiser

I should be getting them from my junk mailers. AARP, CITIBANK, etc. They send out enough useless crap.

I get so much CITIBANK, and I quit using them because they jacked up card rate over 20% yet I got ATT owned by CITIBANK, and rate about 7% go figure.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Have another drink, Papa Pat.

?!?!?

Reply to
nestork

Plenty of calendars at the stores, and they could sure use your business. After January 1st all the calendars are 50% off or more.

Reply to
dennisgauge

After January 1st all the calendars are 50% off or more.

only the 2012 are 1/2 price.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Yeah, and buying last year's calendar is kinda like buying yesterday's newspaper.

Reply to
nestork

After January 1st all the calendars are 50% off or more.

They'll be good again in 27 years.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd