OT: What's the point in vibrating mobiles?

You also wouldn't hear the person you then try to talk to.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Where do you put the phone? I've never found a pocket it'll stay in without falling out when I sit down, or the pocket is large enough that the vibration doesn't get through to me.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Fax machines still exist? For what purpose? I use email instead.

Using one in a supermarket isn't a bad thing, people do that all the time, especially to ask their wife advice about what to buy.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I wonder if there's a device that would interrupt mobile signals to f*ck up his call?

Yes, there is. Tell the restaurant owner to install something like

James Wilkinson Sword

Irrelevant. You aren't the overseer of people's bodily functions. If their movements effect you, remain indoors.

Reply to
Meanie

You said "what about people who go to the restroom" as though it was commonplace. I'd say it was 1000 times less common than mobile calls. Basically you introduced a very uncommon problem to make yourself look clever.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Wrong, you introduced the notion of people "leaving"...their seat, obviously. People leave their seat to answer natures call more commonplace than leaving to answer/talk on the phone. The real fact we are aware of is what "you say" has proven to be meaningless.

Reply to
Meanie

Wrong!

Reply to
RonNNN

Works here. My landline was getting two a day. My mobile gets one every 3 months, usually from a company I've used anyway.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Probably different tarrifs where you live. In the UK I assume it's prohibitively expensive to phone thousands of mobiles, especially using the robotic system where it rings hundreds at once and puts through the first to answer.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

My "Block Caller" list is much larger than my Usenet "kill-file" list. I let ALL calls go to voice-mail unless I know who's calling. If no messages is left they automatically go to the blocked sender list. And some times even those who do leave a message wind up there too! [g]

Reply to
RonNNN

The only nuisance calls I get on my mobile are from banks. If a mobile number (or a landline in my area code) phones me, I answer it, as it's 99% going to be a normal citizen. If a landline outside my area code phones me, I assume it's a company. I don't answer, then look up the number on the internet. In the unlikely event it's someone I want to talk to, I phone them back. Otherwise, I mark it as "ignore" on the phone, so next time it rings I just press cancel.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

S why do people keep responding to this TROLL? KF the f****it and be done with him

Reply to
ChairMan

You just did so yourself, dumbass! How can you see my posts if you've killfiled me? DOH!

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Clearly I haven't been killfiled by you, as you're responding to my conv= ersation! Dumbass!

-- =

An ostrich=E2=80=99s eye is bigger than its brain.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Get your head out of your ass. People are responding to others that are responding to your troll posts, not you.

Reply to
RonNNN

Which means their killfile is ineffective. If I killfile you, I never see you again, in replies or otherwise.

This reminds me of the "tell your father he's a whatever". "Tell your mother she's a whatever!"

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

BINGO...we have a winner, but as far as his head, I think it's way to far up his ass to comprehend anything

Reply to
ChairMan

I comprehend how to program a killfile correctly, so I don't see responses to those I've killfiled.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

You do not get out often.

Reply to