OT What a jenny

Now you're really missing something... There are bocce courts in the North End of Boston. The players are mostly older men and it's slow and civilized. That contrasts with the informal games played in public parks where I grew up. Underhand tosses are legal and combined with young Italian guys with a gut full of chianti, quiet picnics were sometimes interrupted by an errant bocce ball.

We used to have a Celtic Festival and Irish road bowling was featured on one of the bike/pedestrian trails. I avoided that too.

I was only in the UP once. I left Montana with springtime in the Rockies in full swing, chirping birds, budding trees, and all that stuff.

I remember wading through 2 feet of snow to an outhouse in a closed roadside park along US 2. iirc my delivery was in Crystal Falls which is even less appealing and my dispatcher sent me to Iron Mountain while she tried to find a load to get me out of Michigan.

I'm sure it's pretty in the summer, but I'm also sure, like Wisconsin, the mosquitoes resemble 737's.

Reply to
rbowman

rbowman

A couple? Maybe you should look at a map. There is 3224 miles of coastline according to NOAA. Maybe 300 if you are serious about it and since some of that coast is abutting fairly narrow rivers, the boats need to be a little closer together.

Reply to
gfretwell

It was meant for a bit of humor, not a serious plan for military action. I'll forward your plan to the MI Nat Guard though so they can do some real planning.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

They already have it.

gfretwell

My buddies in North Ft Myers play pasture bocce. There are no rules. The winner of the last round, or whatever you call it, gets to throw the pauline wherever (s)he wants and you chase the little ball with the big ones. If it lands in a cow pie, the thrower has to go get everyone a beer.

Reply to
gfretwell

That's for fishing and commerce. We need to train mishiganers for combat.

Reply to
micky

There are a few militia groups for that.

Reply to
gfretwell

For what it's worth, my mother went to Emmerich Manual Training High School in Indianapolis, a public high school, and graduated in 1926, She went there not for manual traing but because it was the closest high school, but its purpose was "To provide training in such fields as mechanics, drafting, and the domestic arts" and I believe it drew from the whole city. It opened in 1895, originally called the Industrial Training School.

Charles E. Emmerich retired having developed the program into one copied by many other schools throughout the country.

micky

That's totally apples and oranges. The wall is a govt funded project. But the same principles apply. Since the govt is going to cancel it, they should HONOR their existing commitments, ie complete the existing contracts or reach a fair settlement with the contractors. And that's what will happen, if Biden tried to just welch out on it, the contractors will sue and win. As to building the wall, I have the same position I've always had, that the southern border needs to be secured by whatever means necessary. Unfortunately Biden and the Democrats have open borders policies. The fool is busing in 25K that Trump had halted in Mexico. No worries, let's borrow more money to pay for that cluster f*ck. And Biden and the Democrats are getting the people killed too, with their invitations:

Now though, the club have retired the jersey in his honour. Marvin was one of 19 Guatemalan immigrants who were killed in a brutal, gruesome attack in the state of Tamaulipas in northern Mexico last weekend. He was 22.

They were shot and then set alight, most likely by a drug cartel that controls the migrant smuggling routes across the US-Mexican border. Their charred remains are unrecognisable and William Matias says the sheer cruelty of the attack has shocked people in their rural corner of Guatemala.

"Their only crime was to flee hunger and poverty," says William. "

Maybe so, but their big mistake was to listen to the Democrats signaling for them to come. Expect more, a lot more.

Reply to
trader_4

Less spending doesn't cause inflation, exactly the opposite. If there is less money available, less spending, prices decline. The math on someone earning $48K paying $12K in any such scheme doesn't add up either. if the Democrats had their way, people earning $48K would not pay much, if any, of the $12K handout. They would put it mostly on higher incomes. Plus those that earned $48K would also get the $12K, so they would be way ahead. It's still a stupid, dangerous and bad idea though. Ying Yang is running for mayor of NYC. That's a good place, his fellow lib de Blasio has that place pretty much screwed already.

Reply to
trader_4

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 18:32:07 -0500, Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us to digest...

Planning? WTF?

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 05:53:34 -0800 (PST), trader_4 posted for all of us to digest...

Got to agree with you on that.

Reply to
Tekkie©