OT: Warm your home with a renewable resource

From the world of The Hard To Believe:

"The bodies of thousands of rabbits culled every year from the parks in Stockholm's Kungsholmen neighbourhood are being used to fuel a heating plant in central Sweden."

With pic of dead rabbits and crematoria smoke stacks

PETA folks so upset they're stabbing each other.

"First they came for the bunnies. I didn't complain because I was not a rabbit..."

Reply to
HeyBub

Dairy farmers are sometimes routinely heating their homes from their barns; which are always warm regardless of the outside temperature. All it takes is a heat exchanger and insulation. Except for late fall and earl spring the house furnace seldom has to run. Barns never require any source of heat; the animal's bodies provides sufficient heat.

Reply to
Twayne

The gigantic Mall of America in Minnesota does not have a central heating plant. There are spot heaters in a few locations, but overall, the building maintains temp without much help.

Minnesota!

Reply to
salty

I used to service the games at an arcade in a mall. They didn't use much heat but they used the A/C almost year round. Their A/C stopped working and it needed a new compressor. The arcade owner/tenant in the mall had to pay to fix the A/C, then they lost their lease in less than

1 year.
Reply to
Tony

I rather doubt that. I grew up on a farm. They are warmer than out side but nowhere near as warm as a home. Even 100,000 chickens in a chicken barn needs to be heated in Maine. I have seen ice in the cows drinking bowl in the morning in both a traditional barn and a free stall barn.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

Heating with lights is not cheap!

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

What IS a free stall barn? I looked at a couple articles about them, but couldnt' figure it out.

Reply to
mm