OT: video terminal eye fatigue and dry eye

Hi All,

I thought this would be of interest to those of us who stare at these stinkers all day long.

Bilberry extract supplementation for preventing eye fatigue in video display terminal workers:

It helps dry eye too:

The effect of a natural, standardized bilberry extract (Mirtoselect®) in dry eye: a randomized, double blinded, placebo-controlled trial:

I am rather found of this source:

Oh, and it is yummy too!

-T

There are glasses that help even for those that do not normally need glasses.

Reply to
Frank

Ah, the power of real nutritious food!

Dimming the room lights as low as possible along with dimming the monitor brightness helps as well.

Reply to
Surfmeister

After commenting on thread, I just got a new pair of no-line bifocals from Zenni Optical that might function well for the computer but unfortunately visual area is too small and can only focus on one part of screen at a time. They do have the anti-reflective coating which is supposedly better for the computer.

I have an older pair of computer glasses that still function OK. They have bifocal for close vision when I may need to read and type and top lens is set to focus on monitor. Best set up by eye doctor who did mine and when I see him in a couple of months may get new prescription to get another pair. Won't be a ton of money from Zenni and all I've gotten there were good. The no-line ones are good for normal use only. Zenni is cheap enough that you can afford four pairs for maybe half the cost of one pair locally.

Reply to
Frank

And they do help. Both my wife and I use them along with two of my customers. They are cheap from Amazon.com