Interleave eye bolts.

I have to connect two square horizontal square 40mm tubes together such that one hangs from the other and can swing a bit. I am trying to pull beer barrels (70kg) up a ramp laying on a stair case using an electric hoist so the barrel can be dropped down at the top of the stairs, it sits above the top of the stairs. The hoist needs to swivel such that it follows the wire line pulling the barrel or the wire catches on the hoist safety stop. I was thinking of something like connected eye bolts or two eye bolts joined by a carabineer, wondered if anybody had any better ideas, or where I can buy the parts etc Thanks

Reply to
steve jones

Can't picture it, but I'm more a visual than verbal person.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Yacht chandler. If you can find one these days.

70Kg is nothing for the loads on a yacht. It also sounds a bit small for a barrel of beer!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

It looks something like this.

--------------------- ! ! 40mm BAR Fixed

--------------------- 0 0 HOOKS 0 0

--------------------- ! ! 40mm Hanging BAR

--------------------- ----------- ! ! Hoist Fixed to above Bar -----------

Reply to
steve jones

Why not just hang the hoist on a bit of chain from the ceiling? Why all the hooks and bars? The more bits you have, the more likely you are to have it fail, with a 70kg beer keg possibly hitting you or smashing a hole in the building.

I'd mainly be worried about having a safe place to stand.

Reply to
GB

The top bar connects to a scaffolding pole and allows the hoist to be folded back against the wall, there is not enough head height to hang the hoist from the ceiling see

steve jones

You can get swivel pulleys that screw to the ceiling, then mount the hoist where convenient.

A photo would help.

Reply to
GB

Replace the box section with round tubing so the winch can swing.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Often to be found where narrow boats collect in basins.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq