OT. Vehicle Salvage Title

I'm looking for a cheap used vehicle. I've run across a couple with salvage titles due to hail damage. Has anyone been through the process of buying one and registering it?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

There's a _huge_ difference depending on your State. So how's about a clue?

Reply to
danny burstein

Possibly buy it in Nebraska. It would eventually be registered in Illinois.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I believe that IL requires something called a Rebuilt Title before a salvaged vehicle can be registered.

But the title may not be the only issue. I’d look into insurance also. Insurance might be hard to get, or at a minimum, costly.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

Glad I asked. I wouldn't have thought about the insurance.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

A friend bought a car, not damaged from hail but in an accident.

AC didn't work right, fully charged, what was the problem. It seems the front of something wasn't connected to the rear of something, the AC duct. No one thought to look for quite a while.

Reply to
micky