OT: update on flu vaccine research

How odd that you can eat on it that day.

Sure, but that's a separate issue to you silly line that it only solidifies after it has leached out.

Reply to
Steven Jones

Mr. T is just like Trump. Caught in BS, he just continues to double down and spread more lies and BS.

+1

A filling is about 50% mercury. If the mercury had to leach out for it to harden, you could get a lethal dose in just hours from a couple fillings.

Reply to
trader_4

No shit Sherlock. What you claimed was that amalgam fillings are a eutectic, like solder and that the mercury has to leach out for fillings to harden. So, the logical inference is that *something* has to leach out of solder for it to harden, yet from everyday experience, we know this is all BS. Fillings are an amalgam, not a eutectic and neither fillings nor solder needs to leach to solidify.

You falsely claimed that amalgams are a eutectic, that they require leaching to solidify, and then pointed to solder as another eutectic. Boy, what a hot mess.

The BS lie repeated. A filling is about 50% mercury. If the mercury had to leach out for them to solidify, you'd get a lethal dose range within a few hours after getting a couple of fillings. How can one person be so wrong about so many things?

Reply to
trader_4

Plus, your filling would then be about half the size (depending on the density of the other materials).

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelicapaganelli

Looked at Hg SDS:

Strange that exposure limits are very low but virtually there is no toxicity data. Makes me suspect that limits are set for most toxic form of mercury, methyl mercury, and not the metal itself.

I had another concern about plastic cavity fillers. Tooth pastes contain moderate abrasives that will not harm your teeth but will abraid plastics. I had a bridge faced with plastic which has been completely brushed away.

Any dentist that wants to replace your amalgams is more interested in filling his pockets than your teeth.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Pay attention!!!

I said how many time it hardened after it cooled down? Leeching is only one of the ways it hardens as the melting temperature goes up as the mercury leech outs. Leaching takes time.

You are just trying to misinterpret me and twist my words so you can pick a fight.

Excellent! Thank you.

I disagree with their toxicology section. Here is a wonderful discussion over on Pub Med:

Mercury Toxicity and Treatment: A Review of the Literature

Actually, look at the above link. The Data is there, but there is some debate as to its meaning. It even mentions mercury in kids pee after an amalgam filling. But is not sure what the effect is.

Excellent point. Salts of various metals can be very toxic where is metal itself is innocuous.

Thank you for the heads up!

Agreed there. Most if not all the leeching is already done. I had one dentist insist that I had TMJ, even though I answered "no" to all his questions. As with all professionals, you have to be informed. Ask 10 allopaths the same question and you will get 10 different answers.

I prefer gold caps when things go that direction, but they are so stinkin' expensive.

Roger Smith snipped-for-privacy@internet.com wrote

Just more mindless silly shit.

Reply to
Rod Speed

No, not actually. You are twisting my words.

So you interpellated that the outgassing and leeching I spoke of were the only mechanism involved. Hmmmm. Nothing to do with cooling too. Hmmmm. Twist, twist.

twist, twist

hmmm. They are colder ???? twist, twist

Hmmmmm.

And the part about cooling you left out. I said to tons of times. and the thing also shrinks as the mercury leaches out too. twist, twist.

When they stick them in your moth they are hot, but not hot enough to burn you. They are actually colder than hot coffee. If leeching did not occur the melting point would be too low to be practical.

Part of the way you are twisting my words is by taking snippets of what I say so they appear to say something else.

Yup, you are trying to pick a fight.

And I fell for it too. You did get a rise out of me:

And I am placing you in my kill file

That’s a lie with that last sentence of yours I rubbed your nose in.

Another lie.

Hmmmm.

More lies.

More lies.

Noting to do with your pig ignorant lie at the bottom.

You said nothing about cooling after that bit of pig ignorance.

I said to tons of times.

Irrelevant to your stupid lie that the filling is soft until the mercury has leeched out.

Fat lot of good that will do you, you pathetic excuse for a lying bullshit artist.

Reply to
T fucker over

New address shift added to my kill file. Thank you for the update. Now you have a nice day.

Blows your mind, doesn't it. Self interest often get in the way of public health.

I did not realize that mercury outgassed when it leached out and that your were breathing it in. I thought you were just swallowing it.

This is on lead in gasoline.

Today I found out: Why Lead Used to Be Added to Gasoline

It is seven minute long. Blew my mind.

I wonder how many folks will be killed and gasping in terror before those new toxic laundry perfumes (Tide, Dawn, etc.) that are not meant to wash out and to persist for a month before they are outlawed. They rub off cloths on to chairs and other surfaces and other people sit in them and get transferred to them and then can wash them out. (Washing soda does not work on them, but the way.)

You're just finding out about tetraethyl lead now?

You could select the grade you wanted with the lever on the side. 190 was added rather late after other stations started undercutting the price of 200. The two spinners supposedly showed the amount of 'octane concentrate' you were getting, with the octane side spinning fastest for super premium 260.

Great marketing ploy although I imagine the 'octane concentrate' was TEL if anything. I've no idea what the numbers were supposed to mean but numbers were popular in that era. The Chevy trim levels were 150, 210, with the BelAir at the top of the line.

I washed a lot of parts in Sunoco blue and inhaled my share of fumes. The lead hasn't killed me yet.

Reply to
rbowman

Depends on the concentration and the amount of exposure. The hazards were well known, but the vested interests kept pushing it. Killed some plant workers too.

Yeah, Dr. Hyman? Really?

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Let's review. No one hear said leeching is "instant". One big dummy did claim that leeching is the process by which amalgam fillings harden after they are put into your mouth. That would be you. It's total BS.

No, because they are not. Provide us with a cite that says fillings are applied hot and rely on leaching to harden. It's BS. The amalgam is made by the dentist, introducing mercury into a fine mix of silver and other metals, which starts a CHEMICAL REACTION, that hardens it.

BS, the foolish lie repeated.

Anything else you'd care to make up? Fillings are an AMALGAM, they are not a eutectic and they don't rely on cooling to solidify. Geeez, how can one imbecile be so wrong on so many things?

You claimed the leeching was the process by which the fillings hardened. In which case, the fillings would have to leach out the mercury in a few hours, which would be a potentially fatal dose from a few fillings, if it were true.

Obviously you didn't learn anything. Even worse, you've demonstrated a Trump like capacity to remain ignorant, to eschew facts and learning and to just make up total BS and then double down on it.

Reply to
trader_4

"And if you think about it, the purpose of the mercury is to form a eutectic alloy with a low melting / plastic point so they can stick to filling into your teeth. If the mercury did not leach out, your fillings would stay soft."

Bingo! And instead of admitting he got it wrong, like Trump he just keeps telling more and bigger lies. A filling is about half mercury. If it leached out in the few hours it takes to harden, you'd receive a serious, perhaps fatal dose of mercury from a few fillings. Now he's morphed into another lie, claiming that fillings go in hot and harden by cooling down. How can one person be so ignorant, so wrong on so many things?

Reply to
trader_4