OT: update on flu vaccine research

Oh no. I have them. Fortunately, the mercury has leached out over the years. When I replace them, I get these new fangled plastic ones.

I NEVER played with mercury as a child. My parents would have killed me. And there is no such thing as playing harmlessly with mercury liquid.

True!  If you want full health care, 55 and out pension and easy job and no chance of being fired, get government employment. Otherwise you'll have to work for a living.  ;-)

Reply to
George

Yes.

Nope, particularly with those whose work is what mostly has quite small employers like with many tradesmen now.

Reply to
Rod Speed

It doesn't work that way.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

ROFL. Yes, that's another good one from Mr. T.

Reply to
trader_4

If your dentist wants to replace all your amalgams with new fillings, you find a new dentist.

People confuse toxicity of metallic mercury with mercury compounds.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

It may be good to have played with mercury when young. It may have killed off some of the stupid brain cells. Look at what we are producing for children now. Each generation seems to be dumming up. AOC wants to do away with airplanes and replace them with trains, replace all the buildings with new ones for the 'green deal'.

I am old enough to have the mercury fillings and played with mercury, rode bicycles without helments and learned cursive writing. Never did eat a Tide Pod. oh< thats right , there were no Pods around while growing up. Maybe we should ban those.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

My dentist back in the 50s used to give kids some mercury to play with to keep them occupied. Worked well.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Hear Hear! We played with dynamite, carried guns by family permission when camping. Walked both ways to skewl too.

All about age 12.

Reply to
Oren

Nothing new about that, the stupid hippys were into that stupid shit in the 60s.

Me too, but no one could ever read my writing |-(

While I never ate one of those, I did manage to bite a garden snail. Pre school, walking around in the garden after breakfast with a piece of toast and marmalade in one hand and the snail in the other hand. Managed to munch on the snail instead of the toast.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Going to be interesting to watch if they kill her off like they did with Sanders last time.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I walked both ways to school by myself when 5, right across the biggest national highway in the country too.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I finally got my money for being unwilling to work. Only had to work from the time I was 16 and reached 62.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

You google that and you get all kinds of conflicting responses. My dentists told me it was all gone. But ...

As they fall out, I get them replaced with the plastic ones. I have no intention of replacing them all in mass.

Okay, I found a better source. This is from Pub Med (Nat Inst of Health)

Mercury Toxicity and Treatment: A Review of the Literature

Most human exposure results from fish consumption or dental amalgam

Here is a weird one you never would have though about:

Increased mercury release from dental amalgam restorations after exposure to electromagnetic fields as a potential hazard for hypersensitive people and pregnant women.

Although it was previously believed that the amount of mercury released from dental amalgam cannot be hazardous, new findings indicate that mercury, even at low doses, may cause toxicity.

Studies Evaluate Health Effects of Dental Amalgam Fillings in Children

The New England scientists also found that children with amalgam fillings had increased mercury in their urine.

So if I was a betting man, I would posit that the mercury does leach out.

And if you think about it, the purpose of the mercury is to form a eutectic alloy with a low melting / plastic point so they can stick to filling into your teeth. If the mercury did not leach out, your fillings would stay soft.

I'm not stupid, you are.

Already did.

What we actually see is you sticking your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes, and mindlessly chanting 'nyah, nyah, can't hear yah' just like 2 year olds do.

But clearly were too stupid to understand any of it.

How odd that we don’t actually see mercury amalgam fillings pushed out of the tooth the first time someone eats something solid.

Separate matter entirely to whether the mercury amalgam filling only solidifies after the mercury amalgam has leached out of the filling.

How odd that we don’t actually see mercury amalgam fillings pushed out of the tooth the first time someone eats something solid.

Irrelevant to your stupid claim that mercury amalgam fillings are only solid after the mercury has leached out.

Trivial to prove that that is a pig ignorant lie.

Reply to
Steven Jones

The last bizarre conclusion, somehow reached, is another example of your spurious logic that reaches wrong conclusions.

Reply to
trader_4

Total BS. The mercury does not leave the amalgam for the material to harden. I guess you failed that course just like all the other science courses. If it did, people would get a high dose of mercury with each filling, it's about 50% mercury.

And dental fillings are an amalgam that does not rely on melting, so why are you talking about eutectics and solder?

Geeez, how can one person be so wrong on so many things?

Reply to
trader_4

+1

Mr. T never ceases to amuse. I've never seen anyone here come up with one whopper like this after another.

He reminds me of a big dummy in high school who kept saying that matter can neither be created nor destroyed. Despite all attempts to explain to him that this only applies to non-nuclear reactions, it was impossible to educate him. The simple minded need to have their world kept very simple.

Reply to
trader_4

Agree overall and solder doesn't leach out as part of the intended process for it to solidify, but the lead in it can leach out in tiny amounts over time, which is why solder for plumbing was reformulated. Mr. T is so mixed up here, it's hard to figure out what he's even thinking.

Reply to
trader_4