OT: Thefts of Tide laundry detergent across the US baffle police

Why do eskimos wash their laundry in Tide?

.

Tide, same way... Tide is 40% more expensive than any other brand of detergent, and it's the only one that does a decent job.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Eek! That will damage the environment. Don't you care about the children? (such is the reply from the left)

Watch TSP get banned from stores, next.

.

People need to add a teaspoon of Trisodium phosphate to the wash !

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'd disagree with you about "the only one that does a decent job".

Attila.Iskander

Here's the deal.

When anyone shoplifts from your typical mega-corporate-owned chain store (eg - Walmart, Target, etc) the employees are ordered to NOT try to do anything to stop the thieves. In several cases when they've tried, the employees have been fired.

The reason is simple. Liability and insurance costs.

Like it or not, if you peel back enough layers when looking for an answer to:

- why does something cost so much?

- why does nobody make this or that product?

- why does nobody offer this or that service?

- why is this product sold that way?

- why do shoplifters usually get away so easily?

- why is this or that public / civic event being cancelled?

The answer is: Insurance.

And it's going to get much worse. Lots of destroyed homes and massive property dammage caused by tornadoes in the past month. 100 homes in Michigan just last night.

Try to buy NiMHi batteries in individual cells to fix your laptop battery pack. You won't find anyone that will sell them to you that way. They'll only sell them if they come with integrated charging circuit. Why? Insurance.

In the case of liquid Tide detergent, I guess there isin't much on the shelves of Target or Walmart that costs more than a gallon jug of Tide that *isin't* under lock and key - and be turned over on the street for at least half it's retail value.

Reply to
Home Guy

Hmmm - a guy pushing a cart full of Tide bottles *inside* a store. There could only be one explanation for that. (-:

I wonder how much name recognition that jewelry store got when a certain starlet stole a necklace from them? If we're talking Tide in AHR, it's truly gone viral - the ultimate goal for any marketer.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Once again, dumbass HG shows he is illiterate and can't follow a thread.

Reply to
krw

I'm sure there's more than one explanation, but there's only one caption under the picture:

PHOTO: Gazette.net/Maryland Community News Online A Tide thief makes a major haul in Prince George's County, Md.

The full article can be found here, along with another picture with the caption:

PHOTO: Dakota County Attorney's Office Patrick Costanzo stole $25,000 worth of Tide.

Considering that the picture came from an article related to the theft of Tide, with the caption

Reply to
DerbyDad03