OT Survey

Things I use most -

Good hammer Good wire stripper Sawzall blades

Reply to
roger61611

Steve, Thanks for putting me on you gift list. I'll like the Vice Grips. Your friend always, Ed

Edwin Pawlowski

What three items would you ask for this Christmas? ehhhhh $25 bucks more or less.

For me:

One of the DeWalt drill combos with the quick releases, drill bits, and driver heads. A GOOD hammer. A new pair of Klein diagonal cutting pliers. (I made mine into a wire stripper by burning out spots on the blades cutting into a hot line.)

6 things I have, but would buy for others:

A set of those strap wrenches. I love mine. A good pair of Irving Vise Grips. A magnetic level. A 30' x 1" wide high grade tape. A set of Nicholson small lock files. A pop rivet tool.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

My top 3 gift requests, valued at $25 more or less:

1 - $25 more or less 2 - $25 more or less 3 - $25 more or less
Reply to
DerbyDad03

I'm afraid years of visiting the tool store (real tool store, not Depot / Lowe's) when depressed have pretty well taken care of all items I could use in the under $200 range. I could go for a real life to replace my pseudo life however...

Reply to
Pete C.

I tell ya. Vise grips will do just about anything. Even hammer in a pinch. They're super for pulling out those nails that you have broken the head off of.

I do welding, and have about three dozen of the bigger ones. That 10" curved jaw with the cutters on it is one handy tool.

Nice to hear what people want for Christmas and what they like.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I like my vice grips, but my best tool is always in my pants.

Reply to
alvinamorey