OT, strange bank options

I was browsing around my credit card's website and these are two categories of options for customer service:
Card Services Debit Card Services
Activate My Debit Card Deactivate My Debit Card Reissue My Existing Debit Card or ATM Card Change My Debit Card PIN
CREDIT CARD SERVICES
Report a Lost or Stolen Card Replace a Damaged Card Dispute or Ask About a charge Request Account Disclosures
Isn't it strange none of the choices for debit cards are choices for credit cards, and not vice versa either.
I would assume that all 8 apply to both (although I don't know what account disclosures are. Is that the terms and conditions?)
On 12/15/2017 9:38 AM, micky wrote:

I can do those debit card things using my phone app or on the web but it is the bank web site, not the Master Card site that I do it. My debit card is from a local bank, the CC are not so I can't do those at the same place anyway.
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 15 Dec 2017 09:57:49 -0500, Ed Pawlowski

I guess I was ambiguous, or - dash the thought - wrong. I was in the credit card section of the bank's web site.

Same for me. It's not that I want to do the other four things, or even the four things I can do there. I just don't understand why 4 relate to credit and 4 relate to debit, in their opinion. Will they let one temporarity deactivate his debit card but not his credit card? I thought people with credit got treated better than those other guys, so they should have that ability too. Etc.
On Friday, December 15, 2017 at 8:57:57 AM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Same here. My credit cards are not with my local bank either.
Changing the subject a bit, Ed. I have an appointment next Thursday to drive the car I'm interested in buying. Wish me luck! But if I don't come home with a new car then it's just not meant for me have one. I've been steeling myself to not be disappointed if we can't come to a deal.

Put on your poker face and walk in with a clear idea of how-much you will pay ; walk out with determination when the sales-person starts to give you his song & dance. Remember - if you are buying a new 2017 - you suffer an extra year of depreciation as soon as you drive it off the lot. Good luck. John T.
On Friday, December 15, 2017 at 1:07:56 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Yes, it's an untitled 2017 model and it's been on their lot for several months. They probably won't agree with me but my way of thinking is sell it to me or let it go to an auction lot in another state. It's been many, many years since I was car buying so I've been studying the model I want, what to pay and add-ons and fees to refuse. There will be some cash to put down, too.
It depreciating an extra year won't bother me as I plan on keeping it for a long, long time. The present vehicle I'm driving I've owned for 20 years so depreciation is no concern to me.
On 12/15/2017 6:39 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

This is supposed to be a good time to buy a car. I hope you do well negotiating. Car buying is a PITA. I bought one in October and I'm thinking it could be my last, at least next to last. I put on less miles now.
Good chance they will try to sell you a bunch of extras after you reach a deal. Simonize finishes, extended warranty are two big ones. If you are interested in them, offer 50%. They are very profitable and very negotiable.
On Friday, December 15, 2017 at 5:52:49 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Since my Explorer is 22 years old and I've had it 20 years, yeah, I figure this will be my last car. If not, I'll spring for a Lamborghini next time. Hahahahaaaaaaaaa

Well, it's coming with a full warranty since it is brand new but no telling what else they'll throw out to further deplete my funds. I'll just have to transform into Ebenezer Scrooge right before their eyes in the office.
:-))
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 15 Dec 2017 18:48:31 -0800 (PST),

If you can, get the heated license plate, both front and rear.
On Friday, December 15, 2017 at 9:03:21 PM UTC-6, micky wrote:

That is not offered on this model and if it was I would not pay extra for it and sounds a bit silly to me. Plus my state does not require a front license plate; they only issue one plate.

" Un-Titled " ... not something I'm familiar with .. ... if it's destined for auction - why do you want it ? John T.
On Friday, December 15, 2017 at 5:54:50 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

When a car is shipped from the factory to the dealership the title is not issued until a buyer comes along.
As far as the auction goes, I'm just supposing since it's a 2017 model they want to move it to make way for the 2018 models. If another dealer said "I'm looking for a 2017 white model with moon roof" then they could ship it to them to sell instead of the auction lot. If that was not the case then they would probably ship to an auction site and then it would be sold in some other area of the country.
If we can't come to terms there's two others just like it at AutoTrader.com. Both are in other states but that would not be a problem to go check either one out.
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 15 Dec 2017 18:55:56 -0800 (PST),

45 years ago, when I was in Mexico, I got the impression that left-over cars when the model year changed were shipped there. I was thinking of the manufacturer, not individual dealers, but if I'm right, maybe them too.

Is there some difference between a new car and an un-titled car ? ... I've only ever heard it called a new car.. or perhaps a demo which is treated as new n every respect. John T.
On Sat, 16 Dec 2017 09:35:52 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

We are simply talking about a car that is sold still only having the manufacturer's certificate of origin in it. Dealers can slap a dealer tag on a car like that and drive it for years. It can also just sit on the lot until it is sold as long as the MFG will keep it on the floor plan. It might also be shipped to another dealer who thinks he has a better chance of selling it. My wife bought a 2009 Lincoln MKX after the 2011s were sitting on the floor (late 10). It was never titled and we got a heluva deal on it. The warranty clock did not start running until we titled it. We still have it so the model year is not really that important anymore. Other factors are more important than "year" on a car that old.
On Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 12:19:25 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

BINGO!
I'm going to be awfully nosey. How much did they come off the asking price?
On Sat, 16 Dec 2017 13:30:54 -0800 (PST), ItsJoanNotJoann

We were out the door for $26,000 and a F150 (clunker) for a $53,000 (sticker) Lincoln.
On Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 7:24:20 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Sounds like you did exceptionally well on that purchase!
On Sat, 16 Dec 2017 18:28:43 -0800 (PST), ItsJoanNotJoann

Having money to spend in a depression is always going to be a force multiplier.

It's a new car or a used car - why complicate things with " titled " ... ? is what I'm saying. Dunno. Where I live - a new car will not sit on the lot for years - ever. On a very rare occasion you might see a new car that is 2-model-years-old ... it will be drastically discounted. My car < crappy Kia Rondo > was purchased literally off the showroom floor - but it was 1 model-year-old - the discount was about $ 3,000. off list price. I figured there was not much wiggle room - but I made an offer that included 4 winter tires on rims - and I declined every extra - : rust proofing : extended warranty : floor mats : wifi etc etc Recent Hyundai adverts seem to support that ~ 3 grand is the Canadian discount on last years models. John T.