OT. Shark "Negative Encounter" was Shark "Attack"

Sharks have feelings too, apparently.

Dean Hoffman

I think it is a good idea. It should be adapted for other situations too. If you are attacked and beat up by a by a gang of hoodlums, that too can be called a negative encounter.

All the shootings can be eliminated by changing them to negative encounters. Makes the world safer.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

All fish do. Asian Carp recently took exception to being called Asian Carp. They thought it was racist.

I'm really getting tired of living in a Babylon Bee world. Gypsy moths were also misnamed by white, cis-gender racists.

Reply to
rbowman

Negative encounter is too negative. I find it offensive. When I talk about such things, I say "sub-optimal encounter".

Reply to
micky

If you are attacked and the hoodlum bleeds out instead is that a negative encounter? If the hoodlum is dark complected?

Reply to
rbowman

It would be a negative for his drug supplier but a positive for the rest of the world.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

A self defense instructor I had called them "serious social situations".

Reply to
gfretwell