OT: Reccomendations on a Matress?

I have issues with My back that causes me to toss and turn all night. We bought one of the Memory Foam Beds and I think we got a Lemon. After a few years, My side of the bed has an obvious pit compared to my wife's side.

We were looking into the Select Comfort Sleep Number Bed with the Dual Controls. Any opinions on this? Having the Dual controls, does it cause a ridge in the middle of the bed?

Any Suggestions Welcome....

Thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott Townsend

<h>

Reply to
Norminn

Reply to
Rick Brandt

Forget all the gimmicks...

Just go and get an Kingsdown pillowtop mattress.... go for the highest coil count you can get.

Our "Emerald Crown" is almost 15 years old and still feels like new. My next matress will be a Kingsdown.

Reply to
Noozer

I had a Tempurpedic for 8 years after my chiropractor said I needed a new bed. I think my back got progressively worse on that bed. I finally let my son talk me into giving it to him (ha! a 16 yo with a tempurpedic!) last month and headed to the first mattress store I ran into. Ended up with a Sealy Posturpedic Pillowtop after laying on a zillion different beds, including the Sleep Number. I LOVE it and have been enjoying the sleep Lindsay Wagner promises on the Sleep number - for a lot less! ;-) No more sore hips, sore back, shoulders, neck plus I&#39;m savings on weekly chiropractor visits!

As I recall it has a guarantee that says if the edge drops by more than 2" or something like that they&#39;ll just give me a new bed -- but I don&#39;t think it counts if there&#39;s a pit in the MIDDLE of the bed!

Not to mention this bed is about $4000+. It just didn&#39;t feel nearly as soft yet supportive as the pillowtop!

Reply to
Laurie

I&#39;ve been sleeping on a waterbed since 1978. Cool in the summer, warm in the winter, no backaches, and it didn&#39;t cost $4000.

Reply to
Phisherman

Yep, Simmons Beautyrest is hard to beat

Our first one lasted 25 yrs. Got a new one 3 yrs ago

Reply to
Rudy

We have had a Select Comfort (inflatable) for years and love it.

nick hull

This is what we have for the past year and we love it.

We both sleep very well. We had a waterbed for years too but they just don&#39;t hold up long term. They are nice in the winter though, with the heater.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski