OT phone solicitation

Hmm. Send $49.95 reenrollment fee to a swiss bank account....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

My friend runs a ministorage, and in the last 5 years or so, she gets calls from salemen who act like they already have a relationship with her. Just a business relationshiop. Like a lightbulb saleman who wants to to fill "another" order. She's the only one who works there, not counting some guys who mow the lawn or paint empty lockers, who all work for her, so she knows exactly what she buys and whom she buys it from.

It's something like the email spam that pretends to be from a bank you do busineess with, except those I guess have viruses, and I guess these guys would actually deliver decent lightbulbs.

Reply to
mm

I u sed to get those all the time back in the 70s and early 80s when i was running my own biz. I doubt they sent decent lightbulbs since it was always COD and always someone had just cancelled an order and they had a bunch of them they could give me at a great price. Then they'd call back about 3 months later with the same deal and the same reason. I almost felt sorry for the guy wondering how he stayed employed with all those cancelled orders on his books.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Maybe she's getting those same cancelled orders, like a fruit cake that runs around for years. I'll try to remember to ask her.

Reply to
mm