OT: Oil Spill. There are two men...

According to you, Mr. negativity. Sounds like Harry Reid, you're cheering for it to happen. Of course, it's just possible that it will turn out that it winds up a stable, peaceful country too. The civil war prospect looked a lot more likely 3 years ago than it does today.

Reply to
trader4

havent you noticed violence is up in iraq,as we leave areas violence increases. it will get fart worse once us combat troops have departed. pleas note i am just noting the violwence increase and have no control over whats going on

as to coal to gasoline consol coal said they would build the plants, but fear gasoline prices from crude could drop so low the idea would be a loser.

cant say i blame them but we really need energy indenpendence, besides the environmental disaster in the gulf.....

i dont expect congress to do much of anything the members are owned by big oil and other lobbyists, so big oil will get what it wants. no changes things are quite profitable as is

Reply to
hallerb

Vietnam was a War? What about Korea. was that a "war", won by one side or the other?

Update me, please.

Reply to
Oren

I've noticed that the violence is way down from what it was 9, 8, 7,

6, 5, 4, 3, 2 years ago. Can it tick up from time to time? Sure. Could the country wind up in a civil war? Sure it's possible. Can violence tick up from time to time. Sure. But is there a clear trend that says it's going backward, out of control? No

I'd still like to see a reference for your claim that coal can be converted into gasoline at just over $3 a gallon.

Funny thing, those "other lobbyists" would include those with interests in coal. And there sure would be a lot of money made building all those new plants to convert coal into gasoline. Aren't the above folks just as greedy as everyone else? Even the electric meter boys got a subsidy for the new smart meters. Yet, I don't see anybody rushing to convert coal to gasoline at just over $3. So, I doubt it's due to Congress and lobbyists. I'd say it's due to the fact that it can't be done at anywhere near that price.

Reply to
trader4

vietnam war? its constitently called that. over 50,000 americans died.

war protests .........

you are just trying to obscure the fact we lost the vietnam war... conflict or whatever you care to call it. lost, not won, all those died for nothing

now to iraq, the surrounding countries all dictator ruled DONT want democracy in their area. once we withdraw they and iran will fund and supply insurgents.

what would iran want more than a puppet government next door?

Reply to
hallerb

quoted text -

I responded to you, so the general assumption would be that I'm referring to you.

I didn't think I needed a smiley. Sorry, I'll try to be more obvious when replying to you in the future.

Reply to
krw

coal to gasoline, or algea or biomass to gasoline all need a distribution system.

thats frozen by big oil who likes things just as they are.

as the guy who originally designed opec said dont get greedy or they will find another way.

if a gasoline substitute became available today for 2 bucks a gallon we would see gasoline drop to just under 2 bucks to lock out the competition

Reply to
hallerb

Nice threading. It would help if you could keep your replies topical.

...and that's a bad thing?

Reply to
krw

We did NOT lose the Vietnam war. The war was concluded by a peace treaty (for which Henry Kissinger was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize). It was over a year after the last U.S. troops left Viet Nam that the North Vietnamese rolled into Saigon.

Yep, you're right. But we HAVE planted the seeds of democracy in Iraq. Now we will water it with the blood of tyrants.

Reply to
HeyBub

I was diversified out the ying-yang and it didn't matter much when the market tanked. Every stock lost considerable value. I was just lucky not to own a former blue chip that turned into a cow chip.

Add all the pension and health care promises made to state and local workers that have no real dollars behind them and it's hard to see how any alleged "recovery" will be more than a flash in the pan.

Optimist! (-:

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green