OT Nurses at Walmart

I can't find my op on this, in the middle of a thread, but I looked again and the press release from Walmart that they would use registeed nurses to give vaccinations was from 2012. I have no idea how much more busy adding corona to their vaccinations would make it.

More important, even though the title of the page was "Registered Nurses Provide Immunizations at Walmart Stores Nationwide" I also didn't see this, " Clarification: Nurses provide immunizations at Walmart locations, including registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and licensed vocational nurses."

I've never even heard of a vocational nurse before. What is that? It seems to be another name for Licensed Practical Nurse.

Walmart is Preparing to Administer the COVID-19 Vaccine Once Approved

"Preparing" is rather complicated, you can see from the url, and it is for everyone else except maybe hospitals and large clinics.

Reply to
micky

I just got a pneumonia shot last week at Walmart but I have no idea what the nice lady's title was. Giving shots isn't a big technical deal. The cops in my town go through just a day's training and then are allowed to draw blood from DUIs.

I doubt Walmart could handle the crowd in the beginning unless they do it by appointment. With the polio shot, as I recall, everybody had to line up at the local high school in my town.

Reply to
AJL

One of my local Wally World's has a nurse practitioner. The other one has a full allopath.

I do not have a weigh scale so I asked the one with the allopath how much to weigh me. She did it for free. She asked me why and was very intrigued with me being drug free and under control for so many years. I could tell she did not have a clue what I was talking about when I told her about "glycemic load" and that there was addiction involved.

I really liked her attitude though, she was willing to listen/learn. And you can not get mad at allopaths for not knowing how to deal with T2. They are only doing what they were taught. Fortunately some allopaths think outside the box. I wonder if she starting too.

Oh, and my weight is now stabilized too.

I generally like the service I get from Wally World's Doc-In-The-Boxes.

I will probably not get the shot as I think I have long since had the commie flu. I am taking the "you first" stance. Plus I am in excellent health with no comorbidities for the commie flu to take advantage of.

When I fee myself getting sick, I just take Chinese medicine for it (Ilex 15, a.k.a Qing Yin Bai Du Pian)

It turns out an LVN is what a LPN is called in California and Texas, and Ontario had another name too.

I always thought an LPN was a Liquid Petroleum Nurse. They are slippery and hard to catch.

Reply to
micky