OT-Norton Adware/Malware

I guess I've never tried to remove a current version to replace it with an older version - I generally upgrade rather than downgrade. I also use a registry cleaner when Ichange configurations, so it has never been an issue for me. Could also be a VISTA thing???

Reply to
clare

Norton - either you swear BY it , or you swear AT it. There is no middle ground.

Reply to
clare

I had Nero 7 on a machine with W2K, and I could not install Nero 8 (might have been 9) until I used the removal / cleaning tool.

Reply to
Ron

I'm just about 100% XP Pro and OEM nero. If I change drives and get an updated oem nero with the drive I've never had a problem installing it.

Reply to
clare

Norton is not actually an anti-virus/anti-malware product anymore. It's now it's its own virus and malware that is very difficult to get rid of completely. It differs from other viruses and malware in that you have to pay for it.

Use AVAST for anti-virus, and Malwarebytes for malware. AVAST is free while Malwarebytes costs money for the version that is constantly checking for threats (though the free version is fine too).

I remember my mother calling me when she was having a terrible time with Norton. She wanted me to go over to the company headquarters which was about three blocks from my house to talk to them. I had to gently explain that there was almost certainly no Symantec employee in the U.S. that could address her problem.

Reply to
SMS

It has to be the OS. W2k/Pro, XP/Pro requires the uninstall. Open your Help/Readme file in v.10. I'm sure v.10 will go on the bride's Vista, without a removal.

(Traces of MS DOS in my W2K OS?)

No worries...

Reply to
Oren