OT Nissan Xterra code knock sensor

So you don't remove the old sensor, just disconnect it and relocate the connection to the new relocated sensor. Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

Reply to
Xeno

But will a bad knock sensor cause the observed problem, ie stalling at idle? Has the dealer said if any other codes are set? For sure if a bad knock sensor can produce that symptom, then I agree. I guess I'd do the relocation one anyway, since it's easy. I don't write the software, but I would think if the software knows that a knock sensor is bad, it would just set the timing at a conservative setting that would have the engine idling OK.

Reply to
trader_4

No surprise.

and just for clarity - people MAYsay I'm biased - I WAS a Toyota Service Managerfor 10 years - up until 30 years ago.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

X is fixed, so they say. Pick it tomorrow. 520 more bucks for a distributor. Total is 200 shannon, 150 nissan ang 520 nissan again. I will make it stall b4 i pay. Cunext tuesday.

Reply to
Thomas