OT: My computer repair for the day

A friend called me and told me his wireless mouse was not working.

First thing I did was ask him if he changed the battery. He said he was sure the battery was good and even though I knew that was the problem... he insisted on bringing it over for me to check.

What the heck, I'm having a slow day today.

When he got here, the mouse worked for a few minutes, then quit...so I told him I'd would replace the battery and try again.

He took a spare battery out of his pocket and said, "brought one with me , just in case."

After examining the mouse I could not even figure how it opened, so he replaced the battery himself and it worked fine.

(The old one measured 0.9v , surprised it worked even for a few minutes.)

Sheesh

Reply to
philo

Good trouble-shooting practice.

Reply to
Vic Smith

Ask your friend if he likes to play poker?

Reply to
redzap78

Yep, let the guy fix it himself.

He said he'd pay me too, but I refused.

Reply to
philo

Good one!!!

Reply to
philo

He's in love. Or very lonely-you decide...

Reply to
Tekkie?