OT: More than just VW cars are spewing excess pollution

Corporations only care about their stock performance. Laws and regulations are only for poor people. God bless the almighty buck!

Reply to
Liar Liar

Don't worry, the shit BigAg and BigChem sprays on your food is *totally* safe.

In USDA we trust!

Reply to
Liar Liar

it costs around 40 to 45 grand to keep each prisoner locked up for a single year.

just locking more offenders up will not help and can bankrupt our country......

Reply to
bob haller

What's the cost going to be when some of those 6000 that Obama just turned loose kill people, cripple them, rape them, etc?

The numbers I've seen are about $30K per prisoner. And when they are released, how many of them wind up on welfare, food stamps, etc and what does that cost?

But let's take 6000 at $30K a year. That's $180 mil. The current federal budget is $3.8 tril, the deficit is $450 bil. Clearly prisoners are not what's bankrupting the country.

You're an interesting guy. You want draconian sentences for VW execs, punish the shareholders, send all the cars to the crusher. But, heh, hardcore convicts, we should turn em loose, like Obama just did, cause they are gonna bankrupt us. Better they should rape and kill us I guess. Maybe one will wind up putting some EPA cheating software in a car, OMG, what then?

Reply to
trader_4

Tony Hwang posted for all of us...

IDK there is always a market for cheap cars. I don't believe the people that buy these cars would car about the pedigree.

There will be some deal where the gov't makes out well and the owners not so well. See if the brand can take the hit.

I heard this morning that Mercedes has the same problem. They didn't want their customers to get involved with the urea aspect so they diddled it.

Reply to
Tekkie®

bob haller posted for all of us...

How much does it cost the victims?

Lets face it, there will always be criminals, forces to find them, adjudicate them and prisons to house them. Society has had this problem forever and there is still no consensus. My gripe is why the POTUS is involved in this? There are so many other problems that need to be addressed both by him and congress-critters. What a bunch...

Reply to
Tekkie®