OT. Montana Overrun

by New Yorkers according to this article.

Maybe there's a job opening or two translating New York speak into English.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Like the osprey, they go away when it starts to get cold. The funny thing is if I were looking for a neon nazi I'd start in Kalispell.

Reply to
rbowman

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

This is one of those cases where property tax should not increase until a property is sold, or should increase only by a small percentage.

How do you tell the difference between Jessica Biel and Jennifer Beals?

Reply to
micky

One squeals and the other doesn't?????

I meant to add a link to a story telling about the rich people moving to Montana to stay and driving up housing costs.

Dean Hoffman

From the "Economic Collapse Blog"? Quoting the NY Post? Predicting a dire future?

Gimme a break.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

They do not have to be all that rich.

When moving from an area in a state where a house is close to $ 500,000 to a state where the same house would only be $ 150,000 they have to spend all of the money or pay a bunch of capital gains tax.

Damn Yankeeys are driving the prices of homes up around here in NC. There is a housing shortage now and any home worth while is selling above the asking price due to a buyer's bidding war. Some shanney houses that are only worth about $ 50,000 prices have gone way up just so people can demolish the house and use the land. The tax prices on the shanneys are causing many not to be able to afford to live in them.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Is a shanney similar to a shanty? (a small, crudely built, shack. a hut, cabin, lean-to)

If so, I can see why folks would knock them down and rebuild, assuming they have the money to do so.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

I probably misspelled it. Maybe even miss used it to some extent. I was thinking of some houses that were built a good number of years ago and just barely good enough to live in. Those homes were all the people of low paying jobs could afford around 50 years ago and are still living in them as they are still all they can afford. The homes were probably built just after WW2 if not before.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

We are living under Biden's "Misery Index."

Reply to
Buck Fiden

Somebody has got to pay for all the democrat's "free" giveaway programs.

Reply to
Buck Fiden

The ones around here are 1600-1700 sq/ft masonry homes that they paid $350k and up for. Not exactly tar paper shacks.

Reply to
gfretwell