OT: "Mixed up the brake and accelerator"?!?

Well, when you drive a '58 Hillman Minx that isn't exactly a land speed record.

Reply to
rbowman

Faster than a 59 Mini

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Kid brother ran it for one season

Reply to
Clare Snyder

ACTUALLY, most of the flatlands are VERY sparsely populated

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Unfortunately this guy has no relatives. He has a couple of neighbours (including the people I was going to) that show a vague interest, but not enough to have a tracker.

With current technology.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Is 15 cars not enough?

None of my 15 failed to engage reverse while rolling forwards. Way easier to do 3 point turns that way.

My Golf was Mk IV. I'm not as old as you.

A shorter distance to move the stick means faster and more impressive maneuvers.

No, because only morons need reminding of the gear pattern, especially when it's a bog standard: R135 _24

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

No, an automatic. I've never seen an auto like that before. It had a clumsy lever on the steering column, in line with the likes of the indicator and windscreen wiper sticks. Most autos in the UK have a proper shifter down on the floor where it should be.

It's horrid. My dad had a Citroen like that, f****ng impossible to drive. A gear lever should be on the floor, between the two front seats.

Why the hell do they make cars like that?! If a car can drive all four wheels, then just do so ALL THE TIME! There is absolutely no point whatsoever in only doing half of what the car is able to do. Then you encounter some slippy road, and have to wait for the stupid bloody electronics to realise it's slippy, then after a delay it engages the other wheels, by which time the other two have sunk and you're stuck.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Sounds like your subconscious is pretty thick. Landing on your arse when something is endangering you is not good.

And should be removed form the gene pool.

Both of which are useless in saving your life.

It's amazing women survive at all. I guess that's why men exist, to look after them.

It might carry a disease.

How clumsy are you? Two feet, two (or three) pedals. Not that difficult.

I see it all the time on the news, even though I rarely watch the news.

You need to move the word "stupid" between the words "more" and "people".

I know I do. I'm aware of what I'm doing. I'm aware the next day of what I did.

Except my friend didn't damage anything. It just depends on how good a driver you are, and he's a very good one. The pigs didn't think so when he got stopped for doing 130 in a 50 zone though.

What?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Then you need a hearing aid, bad.

Yes, but not unusual when doing what makes sense, back off from the snake while checking whether it has notice you and tripping because its not that easy to back up in the scrub,

That would be stupid when even the smartest little kids get injured. In fact more so than the most stupid who don't ever do anything at all.

Yes, but only seen quite rarely, usually at well past the time that they will be procreating any more.

They do in fact survive better than men do, at any age. even when they are babies etc. One of the weirder stats.

To f*ck them, actually.

Nope, not one that matters.

Nothing to do with clumsy.

But still catches some out when changing between an auto and a manual at times.

Bullshit you do.

So you are lying, again.

Wrong, as always.

You just think you do. Known problem with drunks and druggys.

Like hell you are when blotto.

That's bullshit too with the worst of you drunks.

Like the drunk who couldn't even remember the next day that he had driven over some pretty deep ditches at speed in his land cruiser and had managed to stamp his numberplate into the roadworks sign when coming home pissed.

Pure fluke.

Nope, it actually depends on what was there at the time.

Easy to claim.

Phil the greek came close to killing a woman who was driving with her daughter in the car.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Or too clever so I take account of it subconsciously. When you wear different shoes do you trip over stuff?

I've owned about 15 and drive many more.

Oh come on, the average reaction time is a third of a second. Mine is half that.

Some of us prefer to learn how to avoid those tickets. I've had no accidents or license points in over a decade. Yet I break traffic laws every couple of minutes.

If they know how to not cut the corner, then why wouldn't they continue to not cut the corner? Surely they must know they are placing their expensive car where another car might be?

What excuse does this f****ng moron have?

I have a good mind to just charge into every single fool that cuts corners, with a dashcam, then report them all to the police and their insurance companies. I could clear 1000s of folk off the road. The police would have a field day removing all their licenses for gross stupidity. The white line is there for a reason.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Tell Clare she ought to buy a killfile.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Nothing clever about being too blotto and drug crazed to notice.

Yep, particularly with what you barbarians call flip flops.

Almost all of them european cars.

Ditto.

Don't believe that with you blotto and drug crazed all the time.

Not even possible when you cant even see that it's a cop car when it's a mile away.

Because your cops are so f****ng useless. Ours arent.

Because your cops are so f****ng useless. Ours arent.

Because its more convenient to cut the corner, stupid.

Not when there is no other car visible there.

Drug crazed and blotto, just like you.

Here you get to pay for the damage to your car and get charged with dangerous driving by the cops and lose your license.

Not with no license after the first one you wouldn't.

And yours too. You don't lose your license for cutting a corner but you do for deliberately driving into someone who has done that.

Its where YOU stop, its not what he has to avoid, It's the one to the right of your car he had to avoid, and he did that.

Reply to
Rod Speed

What? answer the question. When I panic, I do something, like run.

In which case freezing will kill you and is absolute the stupidest thing you could do.

I believe that's called a Darwin Award.

I don't.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I find neither to be a distraction, since the human brain can multitask. It can also prioritise. If you're talking on the phone and see a lorry coming towards you, you drop the phone and swerve.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Its freezing or panicking, not both at the same time.

I did, twice now.

Not everyone does that, most obviously with the stupid women that jump up on a chair when the see a mouse.

And running is the last thing you should do with a big savage dog too.

It usually doesn't.

But you don't necessarily have time to move your foot and apply the brakes.

Not when you have stopped reproducing and most of those who have that sort of car accident have done, long ago.

They clearly do.

Reply to
Rod Speed

What would you know?  You 'UKers drive on the wrong side of the road.

But FWIW, when you are braking abruptly, your body moves forward a bit which causes the throttle to close.

The first thing I do is back out of the garage/driveway so PRNDL makes perfect sense.

Reply to
devnull

Women are thick. My instinct is to attack the mouse with a blunt object. Offense is the best form of defense.

Bullshit. Stay still, easy target.

The instructor frightens the testee (if that's a word that doesn't mean genital) by banging his clipboard on the dash. The testee then brakes hard in panic.

Agreed, they shouldn't warn you. It should be done at random anywhere in the middle of the test. As a tester I'd shout "look out!" with no warning at all, then time how quickly they brake.

I suppose it could be done even better by a volunteer running across the road in front of them. But that might not end well.

It's not farting around to me. Controlling the three pedals is instinctive, just like walking.

Waste of a hand that could be texting. Or even better, steering or indicating (which is a lost art nowadays).

It's nowhere near as good as your footbrake.

That's unusual.

FORTY FIVE YEARS?! I know of no car that has lasted that long. And I don't even think they'd made the Golf back in 1975.

Maybe that's why mine never work, because they're never used.

Not that simple, you have to pull it up quite hard to get the f****ng thing to unlatch. The opposite direction of where you want to be moving it.

I've owned 15 cars as I've said before.

Then why the antiquated technology?

They don't have to leave the garage. The whole test is done with the car in one place. Emissions sensor placed in exhaust, check the lights, rev it up a bit, brake, etc, the computer records everything.

And it will cost more if the mechanic has to spend time driving it out on the road.

I do, because I don't have to use that device. Same goes for the seatbelt and the foglights.

Why are bumpers not rubber? Twice someone hit the back of my Honda with a spare wheel on the back. No damage to anything.

Your towbar is a foot long?! Is that like one of those artificial penis extensions?

A gearbox is designed to take the very large torque of the engine, it would be fine.

Funny how it once cost me 10% of the insurance payout to repair the car.

It's not farting around to replace two doors and a wing, took me one hour. £630 an hour is a good wage.

That's my chronic fatigue syndrome that makes me do that.

Ebay takes 2 minutes.

Nope, I used to almost always forget one.

Pointless to do so. The P stops it moving even on a very very steep hill.

There you go then, you could have just left it in 1st.

Only desperate povs use garage sales.

Probably only one main street in the whole country.

They have to see me do it. Anyway the score is currently two nil on hospitalization.

Nope, my reactions are too fast.

Oh come on, you drink as much as me, all Aussies do.

If you're pissed you don't care.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Why's five o'clock so special?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

devnull

I disagree. I find it a pest to push harder when you're twisting round looking out of the back window etc. Lifting a collar with your first two fingers is very easy, but also impossible to do by mistake.

I have. I had a car with no collar, you needed about double the pressure to get R than 1. So quite easy to get it wrong.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey