OT Lee Valley article

Saw this in another newsgroup Some of us here buy from Lee Valley. This is a good reason to do so, as they treat employees right.

Ed Pawlowski

Only an idiot would click a blind link like that.

Reply to
tom

Its not blind, I told you what it is. I don't give a crap if you trust me or not though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Umm......me too. Ed posting something malicious? Never going to happen. Had to allow in no-script, but no problems

Reply to
ChairMan

How could you not trust someone whose last name ends in ski?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Someone had to aski?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You are entirely correct. While I would tend to trust Ed, who's to say that this is actually him? It's not exactly difficult to frog someone's name on usenet.

It would seem common courtesy that if you are going to post a link through a tracking service that you also post the un-shortened version, for those of us who are not so trusting of random links on the internet.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Don't you know anything about computer humor? It's "ASCII" you idiot! ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Tiny URL has a preview option that perhaps Ed should have used knowing how many paranoid goofballs there are around but it's never been a problem for me because my computer wears a cyber-condom and I never catch anything no mater how hard someone tries to screw me. Well, there is also that backwards cyber-chastity belt thingy that keeps anyone from sneaking in the backdoor. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I just copied it from another group. Here is the full URL

Ed Pawlowski

It was a good article Ed. You should look at the preview option that is part of the Tiny URL service. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Bwahahahaaahhhhaaaaa! Good luck with that!

Reply to
Bill

There is a lot more at stake than a preview option or malware. Posting the original link in addition to whatever tracking/shortener service link is just good practice if you actually expect people to read what you are linking.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken