OT Leave it to Beaver trophies

It seems that most of you here are old enough, like I am, to have watched Leave it to Beaver when first broadcast.

But regardless of your age, there is a corner of the den, in their new house I think, just to the right of the door as one is leaving, where it has 3 sets of animal antlers, each mounted on a wood plaque, on the stained wood-paneled wall. There are several episodes where they stop to talk as they are leaving the den and the camera shoots from inside the room towards the hall.

The bottom is a set of 3-point antlers, each about 6 inches long. The middle is a set about 4 inches long, with only one point at the end. And on top is a set about 6 inches long, that each split to make 2 points about a half inch from the end.

Are there any animals that have antlers or other protuberances like this? Maybe a 1-year old deericle. Or a large flying squirrel. Or a 2-year old chipmunk.

And if there are such animals with such appendages, does anyone mount them? Maybe children do?

Or was this a joke by the set designer or the director?

Are there any other unspoken jokes in the show?

Reply to
micky

The only joke I heard was the one where ...in the morning June tells Ward, "You were a little hard on the beaver last night."

Reply to
philo

Pronghorn antelope?

Reply to
dadiOH

:) love it!

Reply to
dadiOH

[...]

BurfordTJustice

Can you post photos? Or an episode name, or a season and an episode?

Reply to
rchrdprss

Well, I didn't think any animal had horns until it was old enough to grow bigger horns, and I thought it was bad pool to kill one so young that its horns were this little

Nope. Not the pronghorn either. These antlers were as thick as twigs of the same length.

Probably not. But it's still on the DVR. I'll check.

Reply to
micky

About 30 years ago Ken Osmond and Jerry Mathers came to town here and I got their autographs. I did not know that joke at the time or I would have told it to them. I am sure they never heard it. (sarcasm)

" Beaver" looked tired and bored but "Eddy" really looked like he was enjoying the event. The smile on his face said, "I cannot believe all these suckers are standing in line to get my autograph." "Beaver's" face kind of said. "I can't believe I've sunk this far."

Reply to
philo

LOL! OOPS, I think I just soiled myself!

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Well, I didn't think any animal had horns until it was old enough to grow bigger horns, and I thought it was bad pool to kill one so young that its horns were this little

Nope. Not the pronghorn either. These antlers were as thick as twigs of the same length.

:-)))

Probably not. But it's still on the DVR. I'll check.

Reply to
BurfordTJustice

YEOOOOOOWWWWWW!!! LOL!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Guv Bob

They were in a car with Wally in the Hollywood Christmas Parade this year. Great to see them again. Poor Lumpy passed on last year.

Reply to
Guv Bob

The show streams on Netflix in HD. It shouldn't be too had to figure out if you know the episode name or plot.

Search Google for Leave it to Beaver + letter and you'll see something funny that only HD is allowing us to see.

Reply to
yrag.neslo

Yeah I recall seeing that someplace before.

BTW: A movie was once filmed in the place where I do volunteer work and the amount of detail was incredible.

On a desk they had letters with the addresses written out in fountain pen ink...including vintage stamps and postmarks.

I'm sure the only ones to notice would be folks who'd stop the frame and zero in close

Reply to
philo