OT Large van in traffic accident

On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 18:38:43 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

At the time I wasn't worried about that. I was worried about getting resources. This was on the PA Tpk Even Merck sent their ambulance.

Reply to
Tekkie©

Clearfield County was one of our sites. It was a sleepy little operation -- until something went down on I80. The highest point on I80 east of the Mississippi was there so it could get interesting in the winter.

Reply to
rbowman

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 13:21:08 -0700, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

The Tpk used to be excellent in the winter, but like everything else it's a shitshow now. They have to contribute 30% (IIRC) of their revenue to PennDot by edict of a former gov and the fares rise 6% / year. They are widening the stretch between the E/W and Allentown to 3 lanes each way. They created a pile of spoils 90' high without public knowledge. Who did you work for? Email is good...

Reply to
Tekkie©

Ah yes, milepost 111.5

Reply to
danny burstein

I had a contract in Ft. Wayne and I was going back to NH around Christmas time. There was a sort of a blizzard going on and I was following a car that looked like it had recently shed some front end bodywork. I can't remember where it was but I came to an exit with a motel and figured I'd deal with it tomorrow. In the morning I had a nice breakfast of scrapple and went on my way. The storm had blown through and it was a nice day.

The irony was I took I80 instead of I90 since I figured there would be less weather problems.

Reply to
rbowman