OT JetBlue flight attendant allegedly fled his plane via emergency chute -- beer in hand

{snip}

{snip}

You're trying to censor my censoring? :)

So the flight attendant is a fruitcake babysitting idiots, huh? Do you ever fly? People are people, and _all_ of them are not perfectly behaved at all times. This is not a surprise. It does mean that you should cut people some slack, since you will require some slack of your own at times.

RicodJour

Does anyone know what laws or regulations there are that control the flight crew's leaving an airplane? For instance, a sailor cannot leave the ship until permission is given by the captain. Is this also true for flight crews?

==

Reply to
RES

Something not mentioned yet, is employee "burnout". Years ago we had class sessions on how to avoid it. Burnout starts to come around in

10-12 years on the job. At 20-25 years people avoid you!

SWMBO says she now understands what "cabin fever" is after living up "nawth" in the harsh winters.

Reply to
Oren

The Code of Federal Regulations may apply (lawyer speak for what Congress meant).

Some agency policies (Post Orders) say you cannot abandon your post.

Reply to
Oren

I lived in the North until two years ago. One of the nicest things about living in the South now isn't so much the warmer Winters, rather being able to see the sun once in a while.

Reply to
krw

One of my grownup girlfriends was having a problem with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) when she lived in Spokane, WA. She got one of those full spectrum lights to spend time under when she was reading or knitting and it seemed to help. Now she's back in Alabamastan and breathing a sigh of relief for many reasons.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Fuck that. When it's time to go, it's time to go.

Reply to
Steve B

It didn't make me SAD for my taxes to drop by more than half (property tax dropped by 75%), either. ;-)

Reply to
krw

You must have been in New Jersey. I have Yankee cousins there and in New York and Long Island.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Vermont (and NY before that)

Reply to
krw

Those Damn Yankees come down here to Alabamastan and we can't get them to go home. That's why we've been actively promoting all of those terrible stereotypes with the banjo music, toothless terrorists, lynchings and racial strife to scare them off. It doesn't work, when they get here and discover that everything they thought they knew about the Southeast was a bucket of Hollywood hogwash, they won't go away. We're being invaded by the North again. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I bet you wouldn't like it if I told you that I was born and raised in Obamastan. ;-) I now live about 100mi down the road from you. I hope I didn't spoil your weekend.

Reply to
krw

Are you down around Monkey Town where Goat Hill is? On some maps, it's Montgomery. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I could live with the Snow Birds for a short duration. They would go home, eventually. Mostly I got ticked off when they stopped in the road -- acting as if lost.

Those Damn Yankees, well the stay in the south and form HOA's.

Reply to
Oren

No, down US280; Auburn area.

Reply to
krw

I remember my maternal great aunt and uncle visiting us on the mountain in NE Alabamastan back in the 1960's from New Jersey. They were freaked out by the speed of the vehicles on our uncrowded interstate highways. They were hysterically funny, I think it was the culture shock.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

OH MY GOD! An Auburn fan?! 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Who me? I don't even like the SEC. ;-)

Reply to
krw

They were freaked by the uncrowded highways, not the speed. Have you ever driven on the Jersey Pike? 90MPH bumper-to-bumper, and 2" from a Jersey barrier.

Reply to
krw

I have driven that route. I have In Laws and Out Laws in Jersey. They just tell me what exit to get off on. After that it would be, go past the third windmill on the left.

Reply to
Oren